Jerseys

2»

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    For me the most importnat thing is it's white, as I sweat alot and the white helps keep temps down a bit.

On top of that would love a zipped waterproof pocket on the back with a hole inside the jersey for running a cable through for the headphones.

That would be ideal!
    Have a look at the Craft Jerseys here: http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/
    Mine is white and black, but mostly white and has the hole for the headphones cable. The pocket isn't waterproof, but a food bag solves that problem.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    edhornby wrote:
    On the topic of copyright, how about heraldry? Apart from the Flandrian Lion ( a particular favourite ) there seems to be a gap in the market. Fleur de Lis, the Crowns of Sweden, or the blue/white chequy of Bavaria spring to mind as distinctive and not seen so often on cycling shirts. Good luck.

that's a really good idea - white rose, red rose, Manx trifecta, Cornish flag

Already done, see here. I think a Yorkshire one is also planned.

Out of interest why do lots of you not want full zips, don't cycle abroad in the heat?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    I saw a bloke watching the Tdf while wearing a jersey that was in the colours of the Breton flag. It looked great: much better than the image in the link suggests. Unfortunately, when I asked him where I could get one, he thought I was asking to buy it off him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Brittany
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Surely the ultimate would be to have custom made/designed jerseys. So you could put a few key measurements in and then have a template that you could put your own colours, designs on and then a list of features you could define, such as sleeve length, material, zip length etc. They won't be dirt cheap being one offs but surely that would be a winner as people pay a bluddy fortune for some kit now so they might as well pay that and have something unique.
  • DCowling
    DCowling Posts: 769
    how about a small front hip level pocket for emrgency money to be kept safe in, instead of ferreting around in the back pocket and worrying about it accidently coming out or having to carry a wallet.

and in the back pocket a button hole to the inside of the shirt, to feed my earphone cable through ( keeps it tidy and out the way then )
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    It has occurred to me that the way cyclists ride masks the front of the jersey. wouldn't it more sense to place the main symbol on the back? With a smaller repeat on the front.

The sight of the winning rider sitting up, zipping & smoothing the jersey to display the Sponsor's name would seem to confirm the point.
    The older I get the faster I was