Ilfracombe-Dartmoor or Ilfracombe-Exmoor anyone?

allisond
allisond Posts: 2
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Hi everyone!
First time for me on this forum and pretty novice at MTB but discovered downhill in Verbier last summer, continued MTB in the US on some great single tracks and am now visiting a friend in Ilfracombe and am itching to bike!
I am borrowing her mountain bike which is very basic and I need to take it in for a tune up, might do it today and see what is said about this bike.
I was thinking over this bank holliday coming up to bike up to exmoor where I saw there seems to be some great tracks or down to dartmoor which seems to be nice also. Biking down there would require making it a camping trip but thought I'd shout out the idea and see if anyone is interested, has any recommendations since I'm new to the area, etc..

Thanks in advance..

cheers!
allison

Comments

• markp2
    markp2 Posts: 162
    Allison,
    Have a look at the Quantock hills. Easy to get to from Ilfracombe and there are loads of ridable tracks in a compact area. Get a copy of the OS 1:25,000 map of the area to show all the bridleways.
    There are also some prepared downhill tracks there as well. Too advanced for me but great to watch the youngsters throwing themselves down!
    Mark
    Genesis Croix de Fer - my new commuting mount
    Saracen Hytrail - the workhorse - now pensioned off
    Kinetic-One FK1 roadie - the fast one - hairy legs though!
    Cannondale Jekyll Lefty MTB - the muddy one which keeps tipping me into gorse bushes!