Enigma Extensor

13»

Comments

• antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It's simply a case of undoing some screws! It takes 5 mins, plus 10 mins for bar tape once happy...
    My kona has FSA compact bars so might be worth a morning of trial and error.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Rolf F wrote:

That makes mostly a lot of sense except...... surely they could have the horizontal top tube and no extended head tube by having a taller seat tube?

I can sort of see where they are coming from but to me it just makes a potentially reasonable looking bike look slightly wrong!

If they made the seat-tube any longer then you'd have almost zero seatpost. Looks just as, if not more, stupid. Even worse the saddle could be too high and the taller seat-tube would prevent the saddle from being lowered.

If anyone knows what they're doing with regards to frame building then it's Dario Pegoretti.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    If they made the seat-tube any longer then you'd have almost zero seatpost. Looks just as, if not more, stupid. Even worse the saddle could be too high and the taller seat-tube would prevent the saddle from being lowered.

Dunno about that - horizontal top tube from top of head tube is just standard traditional design - as long as you don't want the saddle below handlebar height, there shouldn't be a problem. My 1980 Raleigh Record Ace is like that - so is my Dawes. All I can see here is a slightly lowered top tube that therefore meets the headtube in the wrong place!

Ultimately, he is saving a little weight though as the seat tube and stays are shorter. Can't see any other gain unless I miss something obvious.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    antlaff wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It's simply a case of undoing some screws! It takes 5 mins, plus 10 mins for bar tape once happy...
    My kona has FSA compact bars so might be worth a morning of trial and error.

Well if you've ridden with the compact bars don't you already know if they suit you or not?
    More problems but still living....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    Giant, are you honestly saying that a custom frame where you can't comfortably reach the drops even with a stack of spacers is a good design?

Nobody's saying it's a crap bike, far from it, even the op himself is saying it doesn't fit.
    I did say if it was comfortable and if he was happy with it to be fair, if it isn't then of course it isn't right ....