FLIPPIN IDIOTS!!!! (rant alert)

2»

Comments

• ohara227
    ohara227 Posts: 225
    Tonight when driving back from the shops I seen movement ahead, when I say I seen I mean JUST. A guy in all dark clothes, on a mountain bike with no reflectors on pedals, wheels, lights or hiz battering it up a hill - he was all over the place too! I admit I dont have any hi viz as I dont go out at night for now, but I do wear bright clothes, reflectors and flashing lights when it gets dusk.

Some people dont value their lives very much...
    'The hills are alive with the sounds of panting'

Rides:

MTB - Giant 2008 Trance X2
    Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
    Hybrid - Giant Escape 2011 City 2
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    i've had my arse slapped by a passenger while cycling, it was a quite attractive female and done in jest, so i was all for it.
    and despite cycling through some quite rough areas round here, i've got literally zero abuse, even from teen chavs. must be some sort of grudging respect to the weird bloke in lycra who can go the same speed as the traffic....
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    The only abuse i get is along roads with massive footpaths/cyclepaths. I don't blame the drivers, they see a cyclist on the road and think "why is he not on the 12 foot wide cycle lane". These paths are a menace, I wouldn't drive my car through gravel, glass and sh*t, nor would i want to have to stop to change lane every kilometre!
  • Vino2007 wrote:
    The only abuse i get is along roads with massive footpaths/cyclepaths. I don't blame the drivers, they see a cyclist on the road and think "why is he not on the 12 foot wide cycle lane". These paths are a menace, I wouldn't drive my car through gravel, glass and sh*t, nor would i want to have to stop to change lane every kilometre!

+1
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • BBH wrote:
    peter101cycle: Wrecked your sidi's wow, what damage did you do to the car!!

No idea, didn't hang around long to have a look - I did feel a little guilty afterwards, as it was not the driver who threw the object at me, but his passenger. But as they were all laughing about it, I thought "guilty as charged".

You play with fire, occasionally, you will get your fingers burn't!

Must admit, this is the only video that has made me really wince and wonder what happened to the little prick in hospital - ouch! LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81oPQ4TZLEQ
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    I guess I'm just lucky where I cycle, but recently I've had more acknowledgement from motorists, as in consideration and even friendly waves, than from other cyclists.

So far, since Christmas, I've had only had one near miss incident which was a woman in a Passat who almost ran me over 3 times in about 100 yards.
  • desmosedici
    desmosedici Posts: 117
    Had my arse slapped by 1 of 2 girls on a moped while on the evening commute home. They rode away laughing, and I was left thinking what was that all about?