FLIPPIN IDIOTS!!!! (rant alert)

BBH
BBH Posts: 476
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ok,

Out today, no headwind, along a flat portion of road doing approx 24mph, Suddenly feel a 'whack' and stinging sensation on my right thigh/buttock.

Some Idiot in a car had driven alongside me, passenger lent out of the window and slapped my leg/butt and driven off!!

I was sooooo angry, I signalled them to pull over and face up to it, but instead the cowards drove off (so fast I couldnt get a plate number).
I did get some funny looks from a farmer who must of been blinded by the number of F's coming out of my mouth!!

Ok, its not the worst act in the world but the potential damage to me if I had come off the bike is not worth thinking about. I see alot of such injuries at work and idiots like these can wreck lives. Why oh why do people think such things are funny, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Sorry all, rant over!)
2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
Twitter: @MadRoadie

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Happened to me, only I was pushed and ended up in hospital.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    Same thing happenend to my mate in oxford. Although they were stupid enough to do it with some traffic lights up ahead. He caught up to them went round to the drivers window and signaled for them to roll it down. They did, he lent in punched the fella, took the keys and threw them in the field next to the road, then cycled off.

They'll think twice before hitting someone out of the window
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    An idiot in a car going the other way decided to throw something at the group I was riding in.

One hit someone on the arm and then one hit me in the throat,
    It felt like a rock had hit me, , my hand went to feel, in reflex, there was something wet so I thought it was blood, then the swelling stopped me being able to breathe and I fell off...

This was near the finish of the 200km Fleet Moss Audax....coming into Longridge...

They had though it funny to throw raw eggs at us....I certainly did not find it funny...

george
  • Ollieda
    This was posted a while back, looks like these things happen to the pros too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUEyBjV2eeA

I had to join in the debate, couldn't hold myself back, i feel cheapened for actually replying to people on youtube!!!
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Ollieda wrote:
    This was posted a while back, looks like these things happen to the pros too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUEyBjV2eeA

I had to join in the debate, couldn't hold myself back, i feel cheapened for actually replying to people on youtube!!!

Love the fact wiggins shakes his fist and tries to give chase!

Maybe if contador attacks on a hill now he can just picture him as this car :P
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    These professionals, not an acknowledgement to any other cyclists. Bah !!!!!! :wink:
  • BBH
    Love it!!!

This does remind me of my reaction to the event!! (although the chase was not quite as fast as brad and my hand gesticulations were less sedate!!)

Think the keys idea at lights is a great one, if it ever happens again!! (hopefully not)

• What we all have to remember people is that motorist who does this kind of thing to cyclist do it because they are jealous of our can do attitudes our fitness and the fact that they have to drives everywhere coz their too fat!
  • BBH
    :lol::lol::lol:

• Well...truth hurts (sorry fat motorists)
  • JST
    JST Posts: 158
    BBH wrote:
    Ok,

Out today, no headwind, along a flat portion of road doing approx 24mph, Suddenly feel a 'whack' and stinging sensation on my right thigh/buttock.

Some Idiot in a car had driven alongside me, passenger lent out of the window and slapped my leg/butt and driven off!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Sorry all, rant over!)

Wow - Idiots :evil: . Worst I have had is people shouting at me but I can never usually hear what they are saying, probably nice arse or something complimentary like that :lol:
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    I think these people are basically so stupid that they can't imagine the potential consequences of what they are doing! They probably think that it is just a bit of a giggle ...

I was riding behind a mate on a descent once when a bluebottle flew into his eye. he almost crashed the bike. By the time I got to him, the side of his face was swelling up. He developed the worst black eye that I have ever seen and looked like he'd done a title fight with Mike Tyson.

I can certainly imagine what an egg in the eye would have done to him!

I think if you sat down with one of those prats and asked them if they would like to gouge someone's eye out, in all honesty they probably wouldn't take you up on the offer. Oh, well how about smashing that woman's teeth out with a piece of concrete then? Doesn't appeal? How about pulling someone's arm out of its socket? Smashing their wrist? Breaking their collar bone?

I think they are too thick to realise that any one of those things is an obvious possibility.

For football hooligans and egg throwers - this is the answer!
  • Ollieda
    One thing I like to do when some motorist shouts abuse or gives a hand gesture is simply to smile and wave back.....your lack of angry response sends them crazy most of the time!
  • Stellite
    Stellite Posts: 544
    It seems to be worse during the school holidays.

Ive had kids shouting "poof" at me three times this week.

I wish they could think up something original.
  • Stellite wrote:
    It seems to be worse during the school holidays.

Ive had kids shouting "poof" at me three times this week.

I wish they could think up something original.

My personal favorite is a bunch of french kids shouting "F*** you, Tommy! F*** you!" whilst riding through Calais
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    Ollieda wrote:
    One thing I like to do when some motorist shouts abuse or gives a hand gesture is simply to smile and wave back.....your lack of angry response sends them crazy most of the time!

yes that or 'merry christmas' regardless of the time of year
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    last summer on one of the routes i use is also a route the school buses use and for a giggle the school kids threw some empty water bottles from the top of the double decker bus and shout some abuse.but how ever what they failed to realise was at some point the bus had to stop at stops and slow for traffic. Funny how they were not so vocal and the bottle chucking stopped when i caught up with them at this points. had the same with car drivers. Funny how the windows go up and doors are locked and they stare dead ahead when you catch them at lights and in traffic and pull along side them :D
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Some bloke in a white van flicked an elastic band at my ar*e last year. I was more shocked by the sheer camp value of this than any physical pain. Flicking an elastic band at another bloke's ar*e? Really?
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    The one that always makes me laugh is when someone shouts abuse at you while they're standing at a bus stop!
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Had 1 tw@t on Sunday keep asking why i was stopped at a red light :shock:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    A passenger in a small ford van slapped my fiance on the arse a couple of years ago, unfortunately we were on a steep climb so I couldn't give chase but man I was angry! She was in front of me and i saw this van slow down and pull right close to her, I was thinking "what the hell is he doing"..then this hand comes out, spanks her and then the van speeds off!

I know it doesn't make it any better, but she did have a cracking arse (now she's bloody pregnant)!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • GPierotti
    GPierotti Posts: 104
    NWLondoner wrote:

I had a police man ask me why i was waiting at a red light in a small town (could clearly see both sides were clear) that was about 2 hours ago.
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    GPierotti wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:

I had a police man ask me why i was waiting at a red light in a small town (could clearly see both sides were clear) that was about 2 hours ago.

"Because I don't think I'm above the law" might have been an appropriate answer
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    Someone threw a bottle at me and hit me on the back.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • GPierotti
    GPierotti Posts: 104
    Yeah he didn't appreciate me saying "if you dont know the answer you should probably reconsider your career"
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    had the usual verbal abuse and cars driving very close on purpose, a few days ago had some woman passenger with a very young child in the back screaming abuse cos 2 of us were 2 abreast on a very wide road. Often wondered what i would do if some angry thug got out of a car with a wrench in his hand. Only thing i can think of is to get the CO2 pump out of pocket and aim it at them hoping they'll think it's CS spray or some other self defence device!!!, is it illegal to point a CO2 pump at someone :twisted:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I suppose i could say, come and have a go if u think ur soft enough
    :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Now with this kind of crap, we really shouldn't retaliate.............unless you have a really good opportunity for revenge.

Can remember coming off the ferry in Southampton after a tiring ride round the Isle of Wight. In lots of traffic on a Sunday afternoon at the red lights, some teenagers thought it would be funny to throw something at me while I was stopped at the lights - no idea what it was but it flew off my helmet after hitting it..

Needless to say, I saw red and flew after them as the lights changed - caught them at the next traffic lights and without them realising, I pulled up behind the car, pulled one foot out of the pedal and gave it fully welly into the back of the car, cleat and all.

I may have taken the leather off the front of my Sidi's but who cares, I managed to take a right turn when they could not in the traffic, and laughed all the way back to the car (while pedalling quickly away!).

Ignorant car drivers fortunately are the minority.
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • BBH
    but she did have a cracking ars* (now she's bloody pregnant)!

Mate, dont let her see this!!, I bet she still does have one!!

bianchimoon: Love it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

peter101cycle: Wrecked your sidi's wow, what damage did you do to the car!!

I think all in all in this day and age if one is going to retaliate you must be sure you can look after yourself. A colleague at work was telling me about the time when an old guy got out of his car and hit her son-in-law over the head with a hammer (in front of his daughter) for no apparent reason. Yes, the guy was caught and admitted the incident but you never know what kind of nutters are in these cars and what they are carrying. Think we all need to be careful. :wink: