Hills

mick1355
mick1355 Posts: 25
My hilly run in Northumberland is 1300m climbing (90km run), which varies according to my garmin from 5% climbs to 21%, however, you have the benefit in the Peaks which is great for hills. I regularly cycle there with a mate from Buxton cc, and even on a 25ml run it's never under 1600m of climbing. Great place for hill training, it's hard but i love cycling the peak district..

Comments

• freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Yorkshire Dales are better.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    around here, Welsh Borders, do a 45 km run 1000m climbing, could be more but I don`t deliberately add in hills :(
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    freehub wrote:
    Yorkshire Dales are better.

Lakes are even better.
  • 9jan11
    9jan11 Posts: 67
    it's like top trumps
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    alps are better end of
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Give me the himalayas any time
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    All those places are flat compared to where I like to ride.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Gavin Cook
    Gavin Cook Posts: 307
    :lol: El Teide 40km climb from 300 meters to 2100 meters !!
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Victorian Alps in Australia are great: did this bad boy a few weeks back.

3%20peaks_route%20profile_RGB%201200pxlW.jpg

closer to home, there are some cracking rides around north Sydney - not looong climbs but solid 4-5k/250-300m ascents that make for some painful repeat sessions.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Just had a week based nr Ashbourne and managed to get into the Peaks for 4 rides. Found a couple of good routes, both with some challenging climbs; I'm really feeling the benefit now that I'm back in what I previously considered hilly Shropshire.
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    Norfolk is pretty crazy on hills i hear?