compulsary insurance and tax

2»

Comments

• CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Pross wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I can't believe you fell for BarryBonds trolling guys, you ought to know by now that is what he lives for (and has done in his numerous guises in the past :lol:

Not trolling pross, just wondering if it isnt time to stop hiding heads in the sand or howling with indignation.

I think there may come a time when we are forced to and daily mail apart there is an argument for it.

If you say so mate, I can still remember your previous personas though and your first post as BarryBonds advocating some sort of communist cycling rally. I thought this troll attempt was poor by your usual standards (too obvious) but seems some are more gullible than I realised. Maybe you should send them an email claiming to be a Ugandan politician who needs a few grand but will pay them back millions etc. :lol:

ETA a previous non-trolling post by the OP (caught me out that time I think) http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=16599954&highlight=#16599954

I think everyone is aware he is trolling however, as it is a discussion forum, surely we may as well discuss? :D
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    BarryBonds wrote:
    Is it time for cyclists to wake up the obvious facts that when riding a bikle on the public highwaywe are in fact riding a machine that caues a potential danger to other road users.

Ok so does anyone not believe the above???????????

If you call a bicycle a machine then it has to apply to the deffinition previously set by the courts that a machine is an object that uses a mechanical process to turn chemical potential energy into kinetic energy.

It is possible for a bicycle to be classed as a machine under that definition, but then it's also possible to class prams, skateboards, rollerblades, wheelchairs, shopping trollies etc all as machines (in the simplest form of the definition a turning wheel is a mechanical process turning chemical potential energy into kinetic energy) , prehaps we should implament insurance and helmet use for all of them!

I don't care if he's trolling, I like playing this game!
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    Answers for cycling bantam

Why do you imply car drivers have priority on the roads? My 1 year old neice has as much right to be on a road (all be it walking) as a 60,000 mile per year trucker.

Bearing in mind the number of car accidents per year vs the number of bike and car accidents per year where the cyclist causes damage (and isn't insured anyway (bearing in mind CTC membership includes insurance)) are you happy for your car insurance premiums to raise significantly to allow for the cost of administering all the additional insurance required (bearing in mind how low the cost of the cyclists insurance would be. Scaremongering, how in even the most fevered imaginations of a pressure group would car insurance go up to cover the cost of Bike insurance claims?????? Does burglary in a house also increase your car insurance?

How do you tell who has insurance? Should we all have number plates that would have to be highly visable as well? You couldn’t tell and wouldn’t need to unless it was needed.

Does my 1 year old neice have to have insurance on her first bike? (if not, why not and where does the cut off come and why). yes

If cyclists have to wear helmets, do pedesrians have to as well? (if not, again, why not?) Very silly and a bit CTC in response. BTW I don’t believe helmets should be compulsory

Is it reasonable to allow cars on roads when there is a road race and or time trial on? Ahh another crass CTC response. Really the question is, is it reasonable for any single user group to race on the roads.

It does seem to be one set of rules for operating very dangerous machinery that kills thousands per year and less rules for something else that causes 1 or two death's per year. This is not about stopping deaths on the road but about having insurance to provide redress in case of accident. Road safety is a different issue
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Should pedestrians going to the pub have to take out compulsary insurance?

There is a compelling arguement that they should, or more compelling than for cyclists at least. 18 people dead in Cornwall alone since 2003.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-12115493
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    BarryBonds wrote:
    neiltb wrote:
    so you agree then that a license system will be required also. Again, how old do you need to be to get a bike, as to cycle it you must be taxed and insured?

if the age to cycle is 4? How much is a 4 yr old expected to pay in insurance? do they have the cognitive skills to understand and pass a test? or should kids bikes be banned outright.

Is it a full moon tonight, all the loonies are out.

Quite why would you need a licence?

you buy a bike you could have insurance

A child has a bike they have insurance cognetive skills apart the insurance indutry would soon gather enough information to work out the risks and the premium would reflect them

Maybe only a few pounds to administer the system or more if there was a real risk

What is so abhorent about that?

You would need a licence because how else would the insurance company be able to assess the persons fitness to ride? They would surely want to be able to work out the risk according to the cyclists history of riding ie any convictions for 'furious' riding or being drunk in charge.
  • BarryBonds
    markos1963 wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:
    neiltb wrote:
    so you agree then that a license system will be required also. Again, how old do you need to be to get a bike, as to cycle it you must be taxed and insured?

if the age to cycle is 4? How much is a 4 yr old expected to pay in insurance? do they have the cognitive skills to understand and pass a test? or should kids bikes be banned outright.

A child has a bike they have insurance cognetive skills apart the insurance indutry would soon gather enough information to work out the risks and the premium would reflect them

Maybe only a few pounds to administer the system or more if there was a real risk

You would need a licence because how else would the insurance company be able to assess the persons fitness to ride? They would surely want to be able to work out the risk according to the cyclists history of riding ie any convictions for 'furious' riding or being drunk in charge.

you dont need a licence to insure your contents or home do you?
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Barry

It is not always what you say but how you say it. You're a troll. Live with it.

-Spider-
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    BarryBonds wrote:
    markos1963 wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:
    neiltb wrote:

you dont need a licence to insure your contents or home do you?

You're definatly trolling now aren't you? The risk of a cyclist on the road is far more variable compared to home insurance. If there is an element of compulsion for insurance then the insurance companies will want to know who they are dealing with before assessing risk.
  • BarryBonds
    really? why would it be any more difficult than asking have you made any claims against youre household insurance in the past 5years? or running age and area through the computer to generate a risk rated premium.

Car or bike insurance is just the same only they ask any claims in the last x years and how many points but the points is just one small variable
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    more troll snacks

i doubt you have to insure your contents or home (my mortgage provider require insurance on building but that's because they have a vested interest).

I need insurance in barrys world to buy bike, how do I get insurance if insurer does not know what risk I am?
    FCN 12
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    BarryBonds wrote:

Why do you imply car drivers have priority on the roads? My 1 year old neice has as much right to be on a road (all be it walking) as a 60,000 mile per year trucker.

Bearing in mind the number of car accidents per year vs the number of bike and car accidents per year where the cyclist causes damage (and isn't insured anyway (bearing in mind CTC membership includes insurance)) are you happy for your car insurance premiums to raise significantly to allow for the cost of administering all the additional insurance required (bearing in mind how low the cost of the cyclists insurance would be. Scaremongering, how in even the most fevered imaginations of a pressure group would car insurance go up to cover the cost of Bike insurance claims?????? Does burglary in a house also increase your car insurance?

Not sure if you deliberatly missed the point or it was simply an accident but I am not talking about the claims pushing up the policy's for car drivers I am talking about the administration. It would clearly go on to car drivers policys as well as if Cycle insurance was 'too' expensive they would know nobody would buy it.
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds wrote:

Not sure if you deliberatly missed the point or it was simply an accident but I am not talking about the claims pushing up the policy's for car drivers I am talking about the administration. It would clearly go on to car drivers policys as well as if Cycle insurance was 'too' expensive they would know nobody would buy it.

Hmmm i think were at cross purposes there bantam but i guess you accept the rest of my answers?
    btw do you work for CTC?
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I think it is Barry's brain that should be licenced, taxed and insured. It is quite clearly a dangerous implement and it's use should be strictly regulated.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    Anyone else reckon BarryBonds used to work for CTC but then realised the horror of what he was doing and got out. Only now to set himself along a path to destroy their reputation and bring the organisation to it's knees.

There's a movie here somewhere.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'm complaining to Wiggle, I think I know where all of the Haribo have gone, they've been stuffing them inside BB's head to replace his brain !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    finchy_800.jpg
  • Barry have you ever yhought of being the condems cycling policy manager?
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    valedragon wrote:
    Barry have you ever yhought of being the condems cycling policy manager?

:D

-Spider-
  • BarryBonds
    Vesterberg wrote:
    finchy_800.jpg

Not very original and i think youre starting some sort of gay stalking tendancies little boy
  • BarryBonds
    anyway ctc and BC membership including insurance seem very reasonable after my brief investigations
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    BarryBonds wrote:
    anyway ctc and BC membership including insurance seem very reasonable after my brief investigations

Did you find anything else in your briefs?
  • BarryBonds
    just my sandwhiches, i wondered where id left them