who's this guy at the RVV?

2»

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    Watching that video made me realise how good Franco Pellizotti is, he was so far towards the front

That's not Pellizotti, it's Daniel Oss.
  • Woah, he's got a bubble perm too?! Seems like Pozatto is still passing on his pearls of wisdom as reagards hair styles!
  • Haha, maybe they've just not changed the hairdresser since Piipo's time? Although according to Anthony Pope today he has his own personal one :)
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    Is that his brother in the red jacket with bottle of leffe?
  • Odelay!
    Odelay! Posts: 58
    Copy+of+Ronde+van+Vlaanderen+6+4+08+053.jpg

My photo from 2008, I only got the brother.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Why not go next year and stand in his spot? Or is that just being mean?

I'm on it.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Anybody notice this guy in June's Cycle Sport? It's a Graham Watson photo of Cancellara just about to pass him. For somebody who stands in the same place he sure gets around a lot.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    I got bored and made a ...

Facebook Page!
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    top and bottom pics are the same year as already pointed out.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    2011 and Ronde-boy is back...

chavanel-et-cancellara-dans-le-mur-de-grammont.jpg

Go back a page and the guy with the big sideburns is there on the pic with Breschel too.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    If someone had taken a picture of me in front of my telly, I was probably identically attired :lol:
  • StevenMD
    StevenMD Posts: 7
    Hi all -

Hello! First time I've posted and probably quite an odd topic to bother with first time up ;-)

But anyway, we're just back from Flanders and clocked "Ronde Boy" in Het Nieuwsblad. He's famous over there too! He's called Henry...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail ... =GLO38ECHC

Cheers,
    Steven
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Courtesy of Google Translate:

GERAARDSBERGEN - With clenched fists and a primal scream that makes cobblestone rumble. So did Henry Rossom (23) back into view with the passage of the cyclists on the Chapel Wall. The young man stood at the exact same place as last year the platoon encouragement.

Like the previous three years was Henry Van Antwerp Rossom also yesterday in the first row on the chapel wall. No coincidence, as the student applied economics wants nothing of the mythical passage of the round miss out on the cobblestones of Grammont.

"I really like the course," says Henry. Self I ever climbed the Mont Ventoux, but my bike activities are now at a low ebb. I follow the bicycle races on television. But the Tour of Flanders, which I absolutely live experience. That can best when in the Wall, a real monument where cycling is often the decision is made. I hope that the Wall the next few years is included in the final, otherwise it is a boring. "

Henry and his friends were already halfelf to their permanent place on the last corner on the hill, dozens of meters from the Lady Chapel. And they do not depart inch of their place, because the riders will soon ride again brushed over. "It's quite a challenge to maintain our permanent place," Henry emphasized. "You have wide enough so that you have room. And if you must go to pee or grab a beer, then your colleagues to make sure that your place is not taken. "

Deafening primal scream

Henry and his friends are not the only 'creatures of habit "on the Chapel Wall. Next to them are a few rogue Basque each year at the cycling appointment. They worked with their Flemish Wall Size a nice day.

"How the game goes, we do not know, we have no radio with it, 'says the Antwerp. "We do so as the riders without ears. We come here mainly for the adrenaline rush the passage of the riders gives us every time. It starts with the circling helicopters. You know that the riders were extremely close. I get chills really, the adrenaline racing through my body. "

And when the riders finally to climb the Wall 15.23, Henry takes his typical attitude of supporters. With clenched fists, knees bent and a deafening primal scream orbit, the riders ahead.

Yesterday he was a struggling Cancellara even give a helping hand. A moment of ultimate happiness supporters for Henry. "I'm actually a fan of Tom Boonen, but have respect for all riders. The are all exceptional athletes. "

His encouragement typical pose now immortalized in many photographs of domestic and foreign press photographers. There is even a Spanish-language Facebook group created for fans of what they call the "freak of the chapel. Which already includes 266 members.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Sorry to spoil all the fun but it is in fact me.!

I'm up that way 3 times a year with customers of ours who we sell lasers to, the guy with the glasses in 2nd and 3rd pics is Hans my co worker.

I'm amazed that someone has picked up on this. I had no idea about these, where did you get the pics?
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Karl2010 wrote:
    Sorry to spoil all the fun but it is in fact me.!

I'm up that way 3 times a year with customers of ours who we sell lasers to, the guy with the glasses in 2nd and 3rd pics is Hans my co worker.

I'm amazed that someone has picked up on this. I had no idea about these, where did you get the pics?
    You need a few beers at the bottom of the Muur after a performance like that, if only to get the blood pressure down.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,799
    A Boonen fan eh? Who'd have thought...
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    The guy in the green hoodie was wearing the same green hoodie last year!
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • rick_chasey
    Coach H wrote:
    The guy in the green hoodie was wearing the same green hoodie last year!

I'm sure he washed it in between.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    He just had to be a Henry.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    check this bloke dropping his kid and himself at flanders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yn98Sdynx4

eagle eyed ant :wink:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • a_n_t wrote:
    check this bloke dropping his kid and himself at flanders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yn98Sdynx4

eagle eyed ant :wink:

Nah I noticed it to and my eye sight is terrible lol. Oh and the commentators mentioned it as well :wink:

I still don't understand why he went running off like that though? If he was off to his next spot you'd have thought he'd watch the peloton past first.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • rick_chasey
    I still don't understand why he went running off like that though? If he was off to his next spot you'd have thought he'd watch the peloton past first.

He shat himself with excitement as the leaders of the peloton passed?
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    http://www.procycling.no/article3122513.ece

The other guy (who seems to get mistaken for The Kapelmuur guy) was there back in 2006.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655

:lol::lol:

The guy obviously wants his pic in print.The best place to see/get pics,is over the road,hence,the best place to be seen is opposite the photographers.
    we were just below the photographers & TV stand,& got a few pics
    Flanders2010267.jpg

Sorry 'bout the 'big' pic,not posted 'em on here before
    Note Tom's front wheel is actually slightly off the ground :shock:
    so many cols,so little time!
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655

:lol::lol:

The guy obviously wants his pic in print.The best place to see/get pics,is over the road,hence,the best place to be seen is opposite the photographers.
    we were just below the photographers & TV stand,& got a few pics last year
    Flanders2010267.jpg

Sorry 'bout the 'big' pic,not posted 'em on here before
    Note Tom's front wheel is actually slightly off the ground :shock:

Bring on Paris roubaix,this Sunday!
    so many cols,so little time!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    If someone had taken a picture of me in front of my telly, I was probably identically attired :lol:

While I don't have the requisite lumberjack shirt I may have occasionally adopted a similar posture and expression. More detail than that would be indelicate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I like this one. His biggest scream for his favourite rider.

Reuters
    610x.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest