Hey everyone! Can I get some advice please...

eattherich
eattherich Posts: 14
edited March 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hey everyone!

I've been out of mountain biking for a long time (I rode BMX for the past 10 years). Recently, with the nice weather especially, I've decided that I want to get back into mountain biking. I don't want to spend a fortune but I also want something that's decent quality. I had a look around the typical companies and found a few bikes that looked pretty good.

I live in Cologne, Germany and I've seen a lot of Cube bikes around. I'd never heard of these but after a bit of research it looks like they're pretty good, fairly new and German (convenient).

Anyway... I like the look of these 2011 models:

- Cube Analog Disc (£520)
- Cube Attention (£610)

The prices in brackets are the best that I've seen (delivered here to Germany). Is it worth paying the extra £90 for the Attention? I'm not going to be hammering heavy trails every weekend - I want a bike for a bit of everything so I guess that they're both pretty good. I see that the main differences are the forks, the brakes and the rear mech - can these updates be justified for £90? I'm guessing so but I'd like some other opinions.

Thank you so much. I hope to get back into this and become a regular on here.

Regards
Darryl

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think it is worth the extra, as you are getting a better fork with more adjustability.Also lighter.

Check out Canyon and Rose bikes too.
  • @supersonic: thanks for your reply! Regarding the Cube Attention and the Carrera Fury - which, in your opinion, is the better bike? I asked a similar question to this on another forum and the first response was that the Carrera was much better - I'll quote "miles ahead".

Thanks in advance :)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I agree - the Carrera is superb!
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    To be honest, I'd get the Analogue and spend the money I'd save (plus a little extra) on these - http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSRETK/ro ... th-lockout
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    +1 on what Revel said, the dart is an awful suspension fork, one of the worst made.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Now that I've had some advice and done a little more research myself, I'm starting to love that Carrera Fury - it's such a nice looking bike too. As I said, I could get the Attention for £609 so the fact that the Fury is £549 is a bonus. The only [big] problem is that I don't know how I'd get it to Cologne. Does anyone have any idea/experience about shipping a new bike? I know a couple of bike shops I looked at ship here and that ranges from around £25-60 but I'm not sure how they do it, i.e. which company etc etc.

Thanks so much! :)