Embankment Peloton

13»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    this is a much better website and sync with Garmin http://ridewithgps.com/
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited February 2011
    Double post
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    this is a much better website and sync with Garmin http://ridewithgps.com/

Ok - so I've signed up to this - uploaded my rides - 1 by 1 - unless I missed that mass upload button - and not sure how its different.

Have a Strava account too, and an SC Stats and a Dailymile (although it doesn't like the 800) - so I now spend 80% of my day recording the same stats over and over again.
  • wvanry
    wvanry Posts: 78
    @jz ridewithgps, you can zip all your files together and upload just the zip
    Do yourself a favour and get wko+
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Bit of a bump to this thread, does anyone fancy doing similar some time soon, maybe after the clocks change so we could go round in the light? Could do with a tow home :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Bit of a bump to this thread, does anyone fancy doing similar some time soon, maybe after the clocks change so we could go round in the light? Could do with a tow home :)

I'd be up for that.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    depending on time I'm down with that
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sounds good. Get a mini chaingang going in the Park. Would prefer to do it afetr the clocks go forward - some deer were a little close to the road last night and didn't see them until the last minute.

In the meantime, another option would be a ride out to Walton via Lower Sunbury and back via Weybridge, Hampton etc. It's about 25 miles if you start from Kingston Bridge.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    I head to the park more often than not. Tend to set off around 6ish but depends on work.

CJCP - I'm up for a longer ride once it gets lighter - for now happy with a lap of the park.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:
    I head to the park more often than not. Tend to set off around 6ish but depends on work.

CJCP - I'm up for a longer ride once it gets lighter - for now happy with a lap of the park.

Cool. I might be in the Park for a lap tonight.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    Currently planning on heading to the park for a lap. Should be hitting Embankment around 5.45pm
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    JZed, normally I'd have been up for joining you but have rather lost my mojo after my second disagreement with a motor vehicle in a little over a week this morning so will be timidly pootling back home at a snail's pace.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • jzed
    JZed, normally I'd have been up for joining you but have rather lost my mojo after my second disagreement with a motor vehicle in a little over a week this morning so will be timidly pootling back home at a snail's pace.

No worries - not been a good week for you on the bike. Had intended on a gentle ride out to the park - and then try for a fast lap but an appearance from Notsoblue put paid to that idea.