Replacement wheel bearing for Prolite Bracciano

ADIHEAD
ADIHEAD Posts: 575
edited February 2011 in Workshop
Hi guys

Heard a crack as I went over a pot hole on a night ride and think I've damaged the front wheel bearing. It wobbles so undid the hub and there's loads of play on one of the bearings. I understand they take EZO bearings but I'm unsure of the specification of these so wouldn't know what to order. I've emailed Ribble, whom I purchased these from in October but no reply as yet, the same with Prolite's distributor.

Does anyone know how I go about finding out the part number, other than waiting for a response from the 2 sources I've already contacted?

Cheers

Comments

• mzm70
    mzm70 Posts: 123
    I'm of the opinion that these are the same as the Planet X Model Bs, mainly because I have both and they are identical. Anyway, there was a thread a couple of weeks ago about replacing the Model B's bearings, have a search.
    If you don't have any luck post up again, I think I may have bookmarked something on another computer.

HTH
  • If you take one of the bearings out and go to your local bearing shop, most large towns have at least one they will be able to provide, generally at a lower cost than a bike shop and better quality
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    If you take one of the bearings out and go to your local bearing shop, most large towns have at least one they will be able to provide, generally at a lower cost than a bike shop and better quality

You know I had thought about doing this. Wasn't confident I'd get the same quality part though and wanted to keep things original.

Ribble have actually emailed me this morning and offered to collect the wheel. Not sure about how I'm supposed to package it so might go down to my LBS and ask if they've got any old boxes I suppose.

Many thanks for both comments and had already tried the Planet X search. Think if I can get hold of some packaging I'll get them to pick it up next week and hopefully that will sort things.

Cheers again.