Which UltraTorque BB30 cups?

Tollers
Tollers Posts: 32
edited February 2011 in Workshop
When i ordered my Bianchi Sempre frame, my bike shop offered to do the build for me. However, i've since learned that they were a bit cowboy and as a result i have a knackered bottom bracked after just a few hundred miles Sadly (or thankfully) they've since gone out of business.

Anyway, what they did was fit Campag Power Torque BB30 cups to my Sempre. These have a bearing fitted in the non drive side cup already. However, my Super Record crankset is Ultra Torque, so had two ceramic bearing fitted on the axles. They removed the non-drive side bearing and used a spirng washer as a spacer. That non-drive side bearing is now ruined due to the lateral force.

I'm now faced with the expense of this repair myself and i want to do a proper job. So, i've ordered new ceramic bearings, but i'm trying to decide which Campag BB30 adaptor i need.

Probikekit have two different sizes http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=A0430
How can i tell which i need for a Bianchi Sempre?

Your help (and sympathy) appreciated

Tollers

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The size quoted is the internal diameter of the BB shell - you'll need to measure your frame to find out i.e. remove the PT cups. The standard Ultratorque BB does have a wavey washer to remove lateral play - but as with all, getting the BB shell width is critical to prevent play / overloading the bearings.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..