London to Paris off road BHF ride, Anyone done it ?...

Danjohnson
Danjohnson Posts: 29
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Me & some mates are on about doing it & would like to hear from anyone that's done it or knows slot about it ?..... 8)

Comments

• I don't know anything about it, but I've registered myself along with another 5 mates!

As far as I know its 75 miles to the coast on Sat (similar or the same London to South Coast route), then Newhaven-Dieppe ferry the Sunday, with a short 40'ish ride which starts about 3pm. Then on Monday, about 75 miles to Paris!

Not sure on accommodation yet, awaiting BHF to issue a list.

Can't wait......need to shed the xmas pounds and get in some serious training.

Phil
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Sounds like a walk in the park that one :wink:

Last summer I did L2P with Action medical Research, we covered 332 miles (on the road) in 3 1/2 days.

Chessington to Portsmouth on the first day, then overnight ferry to Saint Malo, then 90 odd on the 2nd day heading more or less due south to Mayen, the 3rd day was the longest at 116m miles into Chartres then a nice 60 odd miles into Paris on the last day rounded off with Champagne under the Eiffel Tower and a big party that night.

It's truly a great experience, you'll make some great friends and see some cracking scenery.

Just make sure you can ride those distances, get to the point where you can rattle off 75 miles with relative ease and you'll be fine.