My Upgraded Rockhopper SL Comp

onedaymyfriend
onedaymyfriend Posts: 26
edited December 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Morning guys! Here's a pic of my Rockhopper, I know she won't be everyone's cup of tea; but I quite like her!lol
sforbikeradar.png
Spec
FRAME - Specialized M4 fully manipulated alloy frame, fully butted, ORE DT, asymmetrical seat stays, forged dropouts w/ replaceable derailleur hanger, disc only
FORKS - 2011 32 Float 140 FIT RLC (reduced to 120mm travel)
HEADSET - 1-1/8" threadless, Cane Creek semi-cartridge bearings and Hope Head Doctor
STEM - Race Face Deus, 90mm + 10 degree rise with 31.8mm clamp
HANDLEBARS - Race Face Response Riserbar, 710mm wide, 9 degree back sweep, 4 degree up sweep
GRIPS - Race Face Good n Evil
BAR ENDS - Ritchey WCS
BRAKES - Hope Tech V2's, 180mm & 203mm Rotors with braided hoses
BRAKE LEVERS - Hope Tech V2's with red blades
FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano XTR, 34.9mm clamp, top swing
REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano XTR M970 SGS
SHIFTERS - Shimano XTR: Rapidfire Plus
CASSETTE - Shimano HG50, 9-speed (11-34t)
CHAIN - XTR CN-7701
CRANKSET - Shimano XTR M970 (44x32x22)
BOTTOM BRACKET - Hope
PEDALS - DMR V12's w/ red pimp kit
RIMS - Halo SAS 26", eyelets, 36h front and rear
FRONT HUB - Hope Pro 2
REAR HUB - Hope Pro 2
SPOKES - Black DT Swiss with Black Halo XL nipples
QUICK RELEASES - Front: Fox 15mm QR, Rear: Hope
FRONT TIRE - Halo, Dual Compound: Twin Rail 2.2
REAR TIRE - Halo, Dual Compound: Twin Rail 2.2
SEATPOST - Ritchey WCS, one bolt, 30.9mm, 400mm
SEAT CLAMP - Hope

Comments

• I like all the white, looks very clean. Forks look a bit long for the bike though, especially with the riser bar/bar end combo. White saddle would be a nice finishing touch I recon 8)
  • I like all the white, looks very clean. Forks look a bit long for the bike though, especially with the riser bar/bar end combo. White saddle would be a nice finishing touch I recon 8)

Thanks mate, I originally had Rock Shox - Tora S-Lites on the Rockhopper; they had 100mm travel and as far as understood it, when fitting new forks you can play with an extra 20mm. If this isn't right please let me know, could the longer fork cause problems?

When I first started riding, in July this year; I was weighing in at just over 26st; so the bigger comfier (unfortunately black) saddle and riser with bar ends was more of a comfort thing.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Try a 60mm stem; you'll save weight (only a bit) and it'll fit that setup much better than the original.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd have thought it'd feel horrible with a 60mm stem, needs a new cassette too, HG50s weigh an absolute ton.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Really? At the end of the day it's personal preference but just by looking at it it looks a tad long.

If he wants to save weight, the cassette isn't the best place to save it. The HG50 is only about 100g heavier than an XT and costs half the price!