Ultegra 6700 STI's adjustment?

tonyairborne
tonyairborne Posts: 8
edited November 2010 in Workshop
Has anybody got the same problem as me, I have just put an Ultegra 6700 groupset onto my number one bike and am having trouble shifting gear from larger to smaller cogs where my finger is catching both levers at the same time wheras I do noy have this problem on my winter bike that has Ultegra 6600. I have got it into my head that I have heard that it is possible to adjust the smaller lever away from the larger one but on inspection I cannot see how this could be done. Has anybody got any sloution to this problem.

Comments

• I use both 6700 and 6600 on two bikes, and can`t say I`ve noticed or had the problem you suggest. Maybe it`s just getting used to the slight differences there? Thick finger-tips of gloves?

Pretty sure that the levers arn`t adjustable, other than for reach with the small rubber shims you get with `em :?
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • billysan
    billysan Posts: 575
    SRAM stuff is adjustable, I think you may be confusing yours with this.

Ive got 6700 and didnt think you could do this. You say you've just fitted it. It is differrent ergonomically to 6600, and as such there will be a slight adaptation period. Give it a couple of rides and see if its still a problem.