HR monitor with altitude?

pmorgan1
pmorgan1 Posts: 173
Hi,

Looking for a HRM/computer that captures HR as well as altitude (barometric OK, did not find GPS sufficiently accurate anyway) that is suitable for cycling and running (mainly indoors, so HR is enough :) )

Looked at Garmin Forerunner 310XT, but the reviews suggest it's not as sturdy as one would expect.

Thanks!

Comments

• Airmiles
    Airmiles Posts: 101
    Suunto have various models with both HRM and altitude - although they might not be as sophisticated for intervals etc. (if that's your bag) as some dedicated HRMs
    I'm not saying pedestrians in Hackney are stupid.. but a fixed bayonet would be more use than a fixed gear...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Pretty sure Polar do one that has both HR and altitude. Not cheap though.

Yup:
    http://www.polar.fi/en/products/maximiz ... rt/RS800CX

(I assume you want a watch so you can use it for running)

My Garmin 500 does all that and more, but it's not really a running type of thing.
  • I can't recommend my Garmin Edge 500 enough, it's fantastic and you can, if you shop around, find a wrist mount for it (although it would look pretty stupid on your wrist IMHO).
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Polar S725X off ebay?
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • I thought that said 'with attitude'. Does it shout at you 'work harder you weakling'.

... I'll get m'coat.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    The 310xt is excellent, but it doesn't have a barometric altimeter. However, when you up load to Garmin Connect it does some kind of elevation correction anyway.

Where did you read that the 310xt wasn't sturdy? Had mine for almost a year now and its been faultless.
    More problems but still living....
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,085
    I thought that said 'with attitude'. Does it shout at you 'work harder you weakling'.

... I'll get m'coat.
    I'll get mine too, as I thought exactly the same.