cyclone precision CFM 30/42/52 will shimano rings work

gtd.
gtd. Posts: 626
edited October 2010 in The workshop
I just got a used Cyclone Precision (CPI) CFM-339 SQS 30/42/52 crank set. The rings are ok for now but will eventually need changing the middle and outer are 5/130 bcd/pcd and the inner is 5/74mm.

Could I use a set of Shimano Ultegra Triple Chainrings (FC6503)? as they are also 5/130 and 30/42/52.

I'll be fitting these to a hybrid commuter I'm building out of an old 03 Giant Terrago FS1
Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As far as I am aware there is only 1 5x130 configuration (that is none of the main sellers like CRC/wiggle/ATC etc etc mention 2) so yes, I can't see any reason why they won't work fine.

Interesting compare as we're building a hybrid commuter for my daughter using a CB trailridge frame using Truvative Elita (5x130, 5x74) cranks and have replaced the big ring with a plain ring (salsa crossing) as a trouser guard (she commutes in her school long trousers), using an MTB 11-27 cassette to get the gearing back.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Couldnt think of a reason why they wouldnt work but as CPI went bust I cant get CPI chain rings. just wasnt sure if there was an obvious reason that the Ultegra ring wouldnt fit.

Not bothering with a trouser protector as its only for getting to work and I wear riggers lol
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er