i went to bedgbury and all i got was a broken arm.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
well, its only a little bit broken,

ive cracked one of the bones where it meets my elbow, hurts a fair bit if i try to bend or straighten it so im gonna have to learn to wank with my left hand for a while. didnt get a cast so it cant be that bad but its in a sling.

on a plus note though, i was manly enough to walk my bike back to the car and drive home before the pain got too much and i went to A & Obvious.

also, bedgbury was excellent up until i crashed of course, but proper good, cant wait to go back.

Comments

• on a plus note though, i was manly enough to walk my bike back to the car and drive home before the pain got too much and i went to A & Obvious.

MTFU! I rode back to the cafe at Llandegla after stacking at the top of the first climb, with two broken ribs and a broken little finger. I then drove 200 miles home before going to hospital (where I must say the doctor lady was a real hottie!)...

Seriously though, take it easy, and get well soon. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    cheers, its not a proper manly break so i shouldnt complain really.
  • I've sent one of these over to try and ease the pain. I know you've got one already but she may not be sympathetic enough.

nurse.gif
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • Hellooooooo Nurse...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,040
    Bad luck that.

Whereabouts on the route/how did you stack it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    cheers harry, that does help actually, appears that moving blood from my arm reduces the pain!!

stevo: i parked in the secret parking place and rode frm there all the way roud to where the track is supposed to start but there is an extra loop,

i was hurtling down there, uncharacteristiclly quickly and the front wheel washed out on a straight dry flat bit of ground, lord knows how, the bike is fine, i remember trying to hold it up as i was skiding along on my side but the first impact was straight onto my front with my right arm across my belly.

i hit pretty hard and only slid far enough for my bike to do a cartwheel before coming to a fairly abrupt stop.
    i knew straigth away id done a proper bit of damage, i got the sick feeling that accompanies broken bits, my arm has proper seized up now

i had a superb time though, the trail is excellent fun, i cant believe ive lived here for a year now and only managed to ride it once, cant wait to go back, there's a whole half of the trail i need to see!!

i had intended to repeat that short loop a few more times before completing the main track.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I once fell off my bike while attempting some sick rad gnarcore (at 57mph in the granny ring) moves. I smashed my way through 12 boulders before my head fell off, along with both of my arms.

I picked my arms and head off, went for a night out with my SAS buddies, pulled 50 supermodels, obvioused them until my necessary almost fell off, then, after eating the breakfasts they cooked me out of gratitude I used one of these to reattach my limbs.

I didn't go making a fuss!
    :wink:

Get well soon! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,040
    Bad luck by the sound of it...it's quite easy to wash out on those bits of the trail they cover with loose gravel & bits of rock, I put a nice little hole in my right knee first time out there taking a corner a bit too fast. At least you've got a bit to look forward when you go back.

Was this extra loop the new black run?

PS: told ya it was good 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bad luck by the sound of it...it's quite easy to wash out on those bits of the trail they cover with loose gravel & bits of rock, I put a nice little hole in my right knee first time out there taking a corner a bit too fast. At least you've got a bit to look forward when you go back.

Was this extra loop the new black run?

PS: told ya it was good 8)

i dont think so, i spoke to a guy just before i started it and he said it is a re-route, it used to be done in reverse but it has been designed to be descended now instead and you can basicly go round and round it

it had red sign posts at the entrance to it, ididnt find the black stuff i dont think.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Aw, at least you'll get sympathy of people for the sling lol.
  • Anonymous
    Kitty wrote:
    Aw, at least you'll get sympathy of people for the sling lol.

hopefully so, i know one person i wont get any sympathy from though is wife RE.

the problem with having a wife who deals with properly sick and injured people is that my psuedo broken arm doesnt register as a real thing to her!!

have you lost your sympathy for the injured yet kitty? once you do, you'll be a proper nurse!!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    edited September 2010
    I had a gayboy accident today as well. Fell off at pansy riding speed and tweaked all the muscles in my stomach and right hip. 5 pints of best bitter and a packet of paracetamol is keeping the pain at bay at the moment but I know I am going to be gurning in pain and looking like Susan Boyle tommorow.

I wish I lived in america then I could sue some mutha for a million, I mean someones to blame for my incompetence on a bike.

The scream of pain at 1:02 as I picked up the bike is genuine. Stupid Tw@t.
    http://vimeo.com/15285850
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    have you lost your sympathy for the injured yet kitty? once you do, you'll be a proper nurse!!

Not 100% yet, I had a friend showing me a injured leg the other week but as she did it drunk I told it was her own fault and to stop whinging.

She wasn't too impressed and moved on to the next person for sympathy quickly.
  • Anonymous
    thats good work.

there wasnt owt too stoopid about your exclamation of pain

it took me about 5 minutes to stop groaning and heaving, i swear i was going to pass out and it felt like i couldnt get any air into my lungs.

im so cheesed off with myself for having such an accident on such a simple bit of trail.
  • Anonymous
    Kitty wrote:

Not 100% yet, I had a friend showing me a injured leg the other week but as she did it drunk I told it was her own fault and to stop whinging.

She wasn't too impressed and moved on to the next person for sympathy quickly.

i learned a while ago to make sure i have attempted some kind of tretment before i start complaining to her it often goes something like this:

big d: oooh, oooh my arm hurts
    wife re: have you taken anything for it?
    big d: no
    wife re: it cant be tht bad then, stop whinging, chin up wet pants, keep pissing and whining and lets see how far that gets you you fuckin shower of pi5s. get out of my sight, youre making my sh1t itch, moan about your ailment again and i'll kick you in the ar5e until you bleed to death.

or words to that effect.
  • How can you break something on one of the most tame tracks in England? You must be a really rubbish rider!

*cough* I broke a finger last time I was there *cough*
  • stubs
    Its amazing how someone being there makes you MTFU and ignore the pain. I am having trouble pissing it hurts so much but at the time I wasnt going to give in and show that it hurt I am a bloke after all.

I will say it again stupid tw@t :(
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Anonymous
    weescott wrote:
    How can you break something on one of the most tame tracks in England? You must be a really rubbish rider

this is beyond doubt and has never been questioned, i am the worst bike rider in england and i fell off on the tamest bit of the tamest track in england.
  • stubs
    weescott wrote:
    How can you break something on one of the most tame tracks in England? You must be a really rubbish rider

this is beyond doubt and has never been questioned, i am the worst bike rider in england and i fell off on the tamest bit of the tamest track in england.

Having ridden in Britain, Spain, Cyprus, France and Canada I can confirm its the daftest wimpiest bloody trails that hurt the most. I fell off once on a fire road in Delamere Forest it was smoother than a babies bum but when my chin hit the deck I still managed to bite a chunk out of my cheek and spectaculary spray blood everywhere.
  • Anonymous
    i wonder if it is to do with the fact that it easy to stpo concentrating on the "easier" stuff so accidents are more likely? when i ride more technical terrain i concetrate harder, i wonder if this the deciding factor?

the other thing i just thought about is tht my elbo pads were in the boot of my car as opposed to round my elbows, i bet i wouldnt have done the damage if i was wearing them but i thought i wouldnt "need" them. ill be wearing them from now on!!
  • stubs
    Your probably right about the concentration bit I have ridden that trail so many times on all sorts of bikes and never come close to coming off. Of course I was a Billy Big Pants at the top by the TV mast and told my mate "Just follow me" Kiss of death :x

Armour is like an umbrella when you take it with you it doesnt rain. When your standing there pissing wet you think if only I had brought the brolly with me.
  • Whoah Sheeps! You're at the age of bones breaking instead of bending! Welcome!
    Good to know it's on the mend. Any Xrays?
    When I broke my leg in 2008 my first instinct was to stand up, so I did, then my tib/fib popped out the inside bottom of my leg. That's when I got that sickly feeling..

Get well soon and in the interim keep contributing to the advice Thread :¬)
  • Anonymous
    Whoah Sheeps! You're at the age of bones breaking instead of bending! Welcome!
    Good to know it's on the mend. Any Xrays?
    When I broke my leg in 2008 my first instinct was to stand up, so I did, then my tib/fib popped out the inside bottom of my leg. That's when I got that sickly feeling..

Get well soon and in the interim keep contributing to the advice Thread :¬)

i didnt get the xrays, im off to the fracture clinic in a couple of days ill see if can get them then.

ooh, a compund fracture would knock me clean out i reckon!! i once broke both of my arms at the same time which made me feel a bit ill but i reckon id need counselling if i saw my insides on the outside!!
  • Tired and not concentrating and with a degree of complacancy I went OTB after my front wheel stopped dead a rainwater ditch on the overgrown landrover track at Bedgebury.

I was broken, but more importantly the bike was ok.

Sheepsteeth, I hope your bike makes a full recovery too.
  • Anonymous
    the only damage to the bike was a scuff on the r/h brake lever, i did knock the seat out of alignment but there was no damage to the joplin or the seat which was a bonus, i bet this would never have happened on the enduro. i reckon i could ride into mordor on that thing.
  • stubs
    weescott wrote:
    I was broken, but more importantly the bike was ok.

Good to see you have the priorities right :lol: The NHS is free but bikes cost money to fix.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    That's what you get for not inviting me! I live about 6 miles away from Bedgers. When you're all healed up give me a shout.
  • Anonymous
    Tolk wrote:
    That's what you get for not inviting me! I live about 6 miles away from Bedgers. When you're all healed up give me a shout.

will do :D
  • Anonymous
    Get well soon, dude.

On a far more serious note though, has nobody noticed this?
    after stacking at the top of the first climb, with two broken ribs and a broken little finger.
    You crashed on a climb? :shock:
    EPIC! :lol:
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    i reckon i could ride into mordor on that thing.

Now we have been down this road before havn't we sheepsteeth?! If there is any riding into Mordor to be done you will need to borrow my Marin. :wink:
    "Didn't hurt"