Best Training Computer

benneally
benneally Posts: 973
Hi guys, looking to get some structured training in, and wanting to get a computer/heart rate monitor to help me out.

Been looking at the Suunto T4d (with pod for speed). I have looked at this one as it seems to have good thing with the TE function letting you know how hard you are actually going. And it has the in built coach thing that i think would be useful??

But i was just wondering if anyone has any polar/garmin/other computers that have heart rate function on them too and if anyone could give any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• benneally
    benneally Posts: 973
    hmmm been looking at the Polar CS400 too. Any reviews, comments?
  • I have a Gamin Edge 705 with HR monitor and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The training features on it are superb. You can design you own workouts, race against previous peformances, etc. In fact, for me, this is it's main selling point. I haven't used its GPS functionality as much as I thought I would. Don't know how this fits with your budget. However, I reckon you could get a Edge 605 for about the same price as a Polar CS400.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I have a Gamin Edge 705 with HR monitor and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The training features on it are superb. You can design you own workouts, race against previous peformances, etc. In fact, for me, this is it's main selling point. I haven't used its GPS functionality as much as I thought I would. Don't know how this fits with your budget. However, I reckon you could get a Edge 605 for about the same price as a Polar CS400.

The Edge 800 is coming out soon and looks awesome.