HELP!! centre lock rotor doesnt fit SLX 20mm hub?!

paulscutt
paulscutt Posts: 332
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've just got a new front wheel which has a Shimano SLX 20mm front hub, i also bought a 203mm shimano centrelock disc ( http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=7687) to fit, however putting it on the disc fits the splines but the lockring seems to be too small??

Are there different size lock rings?

Any help very much appreciated!!
**2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes, you need the one that has the external splines and uses the HT2 BB tool.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • paulscutt
    thanks mate, any idea where i get them from as ive googled and looked on chain reaction and wiggle but cant seem to see anything?
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's
  • they usually come with the hub..
  • paulscutt
    they usually come with the hub..

thought someone might say that :(

got the wheel 2nd hand on ebay (virtually new but no lock ring to be found...)
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

• the 20mm ones are hard to find iirc... lemme have a look in my spares box... I might have one, don't count your chickens though!
  • you lucky bugger... I have a spare...

PM me your address and i'll get it over to you mate :)
  • paulscutt
    Northern monkey - you area true legend!! pm being sent :)
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**