2-3 day challenge ??

bertypreston
bertypreston Posts: 158
edited August 2010 in Routes
Anyone know of any 2 or three day routes ? I.e ride, camp, ride camp, ride,

Not ruling out the coast to coast but just wondered if anyone knows of another similar challange (preferably UK) ?

Ta
Rob

Comments

• Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    There's a tour of the Cairngorms that you can do which I think is around 3 days or so long, taking in the likes of Kingussie, Braemar, Blair Atholl etc. Some absolute epic scenery around that way - I'm sure it would be a cracker. I have it in a guidebook somewhere, but I'm pretty sure you'll find something if you stick it in Google.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • now that DOES sound good ! Cheers, guess i'll just google Cairngorms mtb challenge ?
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440

That's the one!

Been looking at something like this myself, although it'll pobably next year before I sort myself out for it (I want one of those BOB trailers! :D )

I've done a lot of 1-day rides around the Cairngorms and the scenery really is stunning, so I'm pretty sure a multi-day trip would be something special and a bit of a challenge too.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • yeah i'm thinking spring '11, a few of us, I'll let you know if it gets off the ground, welcome to join. cheers for the help.