2x20 (on the road)

just about found a good 20 minute stretch of tarmac for this. its lumpy though and its hard to keep the power from spiking up and down. I know I need to practice pacing the road but im wondering whats acceptable? If I go from 260 watts to 450 for a few seconds does it matter? what if I drop to 200 for about 10 seconds on the downhill without realizing?

ive done both and it changes the feel of the workout. was it a less effective interval? $1000000 question: by how much?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What was the VI in WKO+?
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    A VI of 1.02 over flat to rolling terrain (1.06 if hilly).

I only have rolling terrain. When I started I could only manage 1.06 however I now find it realitevly easy to keep it down to 1.01. I have never hit a 1.00 but I'm sure that's realistic on the roads I have anyway.
  • VI is 1 to 1.02. first time I tried that road it was 1.05 but i've got better at pacing.

I get 1 on the turbo always.

I guess what I meant was this: I can do the same AP ( VI 1) on the road and turbo for 20 minutes. same power but one looks steadier.

I guess the qustion is: does it matter?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You seem to be fairly close to 1 so should be fine. Bear in mind that races/TTs are done on the road then it's not an issue.