Sports induced asthma

kett
kett Posts: 56
Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know how you can get tested for this as i seem to have all the symptoms.
Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Chisholm
    Chisholm Posts: 20
    I have had it since i was young, they called it exercise induced in my book, although cats work wonders too. Go and see your GP, thats how i was diagnosed, you can then get prescribed or if your like me and dont want meds, try something called a powerbreathe to condition your lungs
    Btwin Sport 3
    Scott Scale 50
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I've been asthmatic since teens and only have a problem with sports or when I'm ill with a cold or something.

Get to the doctors as first port of call. The meds can be very useful but I only use them when I need them. If I listened to the doctors I would have spent thousands on preventative inhalers and think my asthma would be worse today if I was so reliant. I am lucky (?) to only have mild asthma though. They tell you the preventative meds take a couple of weeks to have any effect but I find 3-4 days more realistic. I'd rather have 2 or 3 dodgy days once in a while than be reliant on meds 24/7.

If you are asthmatic, don't smoke! No seriously, just don't!

Sports wise I find cycling and skating don't cause me bother. If I try something like football it's murder.