C-Y-B The Beast

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I,m positive it was that section can somebody please confirm or Deny ?
    Otherwise Yeehaa is gonna have to don the helmet an peddle off into the sunset !

:shock:
    I'm going to have to do what now?

Haha, I feel like a mong about triple clamps, I'd always thought the triple meant because they were clamped above and below the headstock, AND on the hub :oops: :lol:
  • RallyBiker

Sorry to hear about mate going down, thats never a good thing ! pretty serious damage incurred there too !

yeehaa, Its OK ! you dont have to ride the trail Tomorrow nowwe have the answer ! :?

On a more serious note i did think it was bit harsh and almost came up short of luck on it myself, there were a few poppers rolling down a gradient just after the switchback left where the slope drops away to the right.

Kind of confidence boosters before a cheeky ledge drop onto a cobbled slope ? couple of peddle cranks and some free speed due to the gradient and Mutha Foooooker !
    as i said in my opening post FALSE TEETH ! should have a sign underneath saying
    NO SH!T !

Thats what i ride for ! ive done it now so next time i know what to expect !
    AND The warning signs are there for all to see ! It is graded and i must say i think its graded perfect !
    Its not BLACK ! for Black ride the Laggan trail ! Its RED !

Any one who thinks Trail centres are boring when this is what this country has to offer must want their head looking at.

Go ride it its brilliant !
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    The new false teeth section is amazing!

Big drops that can be rolled are a great trail feature!
  • Airmiles
    Airmiles Posts: 101
    Looking for a bit of DIY tomorrow - can you get all the way up the riverbank track from Dreamtime to the start of Abel?

I want to string together the Adamses and False Teeth with the minimum of faff.. primarily so I can do it twice!! :D
    I'm not saying pedestrians in Hackney are stupid.. but a fixed bayonet would be more use than a fixed gear...
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    want to go back to CYB, esp if there is new stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Airmiles wrote:
    Looking for a bit of DIY tomorrow - can you get all the way up the riverbank track from Dreamtime to the start of Abel?

I want to string together the Adamses and False Teeth with the minimum of faff.. primarily so I can do it twice!! :D
    Erm, sort of.
    If you come down dreamtime, then follow the river, but DON'T cross the bridge, you can get up the big climb to the top of "beginning of the end".
    Once you're at the top, rather than cut across the road and down the singletrack, head right, which takes you the rest of the way top the top of the first descents of MBR, which will lead you through Kane and Abel, and then to False Teeth.
    To get to the top of the Addam's family sections from there, you'll need to climb a LOT!
    Best way is to pick up a trail map, and figure out your way from the end of wither False Teeth, or Bugsy.
  • Airmiles
    Ah - not so easy then!

Looking at the maps, Yr Afon goes to within 100m of the bridge between Slated and Abel. Only one way to find out for sure!

I may be gone for some time.....
    I'm not saying pedestrians in Hackney are stupid.. but a fixed bayonet would be more use than a fixed gear...
  • Airmiles
    And the answer is - yes!

From Dreamtime, follow Afon until after the B&B and cottages, just after MP3 point # 3 there is a red-iconed footpath to your left, push up here 20 metres and the track you are on goes (turn right) straight to the bridge at the bottom of Slated.

Thus avoiding a fair whack of climbing, and Cain which I just cannot abide!!
  • Anonymous
    Oh yeah, I got Abel and False teeth, confused, my bad ( Forgot about "Slated" in between "Cain and Abel! :oops:) . Yes, you can ride along the Afon trail and then turn off to get up to False Teeth.
    Getting from the start of Bugsy to the top of the Addam's family is a bit harder to explain though. Best bet is to download the trail map PDF (PM me if you can't find it, I have a copy), and pick a route from the top of Bugsy to Dolfrwynog.
    Thus avoiding a fair whack of climbing, and Cain which I just cannot abide!!
    You're kidding? What's wrong with it?
  • MattMTB
    MattMTB Posts: 95
    Me and a couple of mates went to Coed-y-Brenin for the weekend - stopping over at the campsite at Cae Gwyn farm just up the road.

We arrived in the area late Saturday morning and it was probably about 12:30 before we got started on the riding. Did the Beast on Saturday afternoon which was brilliant. We then went back yesterday and did the Tarw trail which was also excellent. Completely different to the Beast and between leaving the visitor centre and arriving back a couple of hours later we didn't see a single other person out there. So lovely and quiet!

All the riding was awesome, I love the challenge of the bigger climbs and really don't mind them, good job as there are quite a few!

An excellent weekend's riding. Few small crashes but nothing major. No mechanicals or punctures between us either which was nice!

Cheers,
    Matt