New Forks or Hydraulic Brakes?

2»

Comments

• Drazisaur
    Drazisaur Posts: 6
    @ Cavegiant,
    Well to be honest, my forks are the piece of equipment on my bike that most bug me. Although they are supposed to have 100mm travel, i've never got more than 40mm from them. The lock off doesn't work too well either. As i've never used another set of suspension forks, ive had nothing to compare them against, so i have just accepted them as is.

But i feel like i'm a bit behind with not having hydraulic brakes, even cheaper bikes can have these on them these days. Going downhill desperately squeezing my v-brakes is quite strenuous.

I suppose i do need both in the end! But i have money to spend now. Tora 318s are going for £150 on merlin at the mo - very tempting!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Going downhill with a good fork and you may not have to brake as much ;-).New pads may sort your braking issues out for now. But the Tora 318 will transform the bike.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    I'd kill to have a set of darts on my bike at the moment Suntour XCR's leave a bit to be desired

You aim very low.

Darts are awful, I am assuming by your statments that the XCR are even worse.
    If you are going to kill, at least aim for a product that can keep the front of the bike in control.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?