European Athletics

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,926
edited July 2010 in The bottom bracket
Anyone been watching? I was impressed with the Brits in the 10,000m, OK it's not the cream of distance running without the Kenyans and Ethiopians but I thought Farah ran a very good race tactically and it was the first time I can recall a close photo finish in a race of that distance. Farah looks like he would make a good climber if he switched to the bike. He could then also have a series of adverts "I'm Mo Farah, climber with Garmin etc." :wink:

Looking forward to a Welsh 1-2 in the 400m hurdles now :D

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    just watched the hurdling (is that what it's called), the hurdles are TINY, when I was at school hurdles were about 5 foot. Pah, lifes too easy for these so called ath so called letes.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Mars bars were bigger then too and I could eat a whole one.

I can categorically confirm that hurdles were higher in the old days. I once got talked into doing the 110M hurdles (after an injury to the nominated chap) at one of the inter-schools athletics meets (I was there for the 1500M). I crashed and burned at the first hurdle. Ho hum. I didn't get asked again :oops:
  • Pross
    400 hurdles are lower than the 110m version. I tried the full height ones once, shins hurt for weeks! The 100m final was so close last night, never seen that many runners on the same time :shock:
  • PaulS77
    PaulS77 Posts: 48
    multifail.jpg
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,669
    just watched the hurdling (is that what it's called), the hurdles are TINY, when I was at school hurdles were about 5 foot. Pah, lifes too easy for these so called ath so called letes.

Are you sure it's not just that you were shorter when you at school? ;)

I've enjoyed it so far, OK it's a bit tin pot but there's been some good performances (the aforementioned 10,000m and 400m hurdles)

I've also been impressed by the 1500m runners, we look like we've got a good chance there, some of the best were soundly beaten by Baddely and Lancashire the other night...
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    The sport is riddled with drugs, how else can a white boy win the 100meters? :shock:
  • Pross
    :lol:

Joking aside I noticed that sprinters are getting to look far slimmer these days, more of the Carl Lewis build than Ben Johnson is this a sign of a change in their "training"? Chambers looks cumbersome compared to Lemaitre or Bolt.