23 front.....25 rear ...?

JimmyK
JimmyK Posts: 712
i normally use conti ultra gatorskin 23s, its time to replace the rear tyre and i have a mint 25mm conti ultra gatorskin in my garage. if i leave the 23 on the front and fit the 25 at the rear will this be ok in terms of the handling of the bike or is it not advised ?

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I'd stick it on... I doubt very much that you would notice any difference in handling. Maybe a little more comfortable, due to increased air volume in the tyre...
    Worst comes to worst, buy another 23mm and swap them around when the new one arrives...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    my conti attack force combo are more of a 22 and 24 than 23''s.

This is deliberate.

Use it, and stop fretting.
  • Isn't there meant to be a Michelin 'set' that's a 23c front & a 25c rear? Pro 3 Optimo or something?

Andy
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    What's this got to do with training? :?
    More problems but still living....
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    amaferanga wrote:
    What's this got to do with training? :?

nothing, as usual.

Jimmy is not capable of posting anywhere but the training forum, regardless of the subject matter. Possible explanations include a computer glitch, or some kind of problem with mental perception.....
  • JimmyK
    ok, ill put the 25 at the back, i was just curious if the 2 different tyre sizes would effect cornering stability, thanks for the input guys. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    JimmyK wrote:
    ok, ill put the 25 at the back, i was just curious if the 2 different tyre sizes would effect cornering stability, thanks for the input guys. 8)

Now you've sorted that, how about actually starting a thread in the right place next time?
  • JimmyK
    i use the tyres for training sessions .........this is the training forum isnt it ? :P
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Jimmy strikes in the wrong place............AGAIN
    JimmyK wrote:
    i use the tyres for training sessions .........this is the training forum isnt it ? :P

Tyres are fcuk all to do with training..............they are EQUIPMENT so BEGINNERS or WORKSHOP is your best bet
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Scrumple
    pedants
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Or Road buying advice.

Scrumple, this isn't the Pedants' forum. That's commuting or cake stop...
  • Scrumple
    Where's the agony aunt section?

I'm being picked on.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    DerpDurrDog.jpg
  • Scrumple
    wtf ????

meh?
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    JimmyK wrote:
    i normally use conti ultra gatorskin 23s, its time to replace the rear tyre and i have a mint 25mm conti ultra gatorskin in my garage. if i leave the 23 on the front and fit the 25 at the rear will this be ok in terms of the handling of the bike or is it not advised ?
    Doesn't Cav use a 25 on the rear, with a 23 up front? Just saying ... :twisted:
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    White Line wrote:
    JimmyK wrote:
    Doesn't Cav use a 25 on the rear, with a 23 up front? Just saying ... :twisted:

WTF has that got to do with training?? F*** off somewhere else.

:wink: