legs hurting but not fatigued

did my hardest TT last night ever. biggest power numbers ever. managed an av.power of 107% of FTP for an 18 minute effort. 7 miles.

my legs were hurting but it wasnt like the normal muscle burning sensation. it felt like proper pain in all my joints and tendons. I was pushing a bigger gear than usual for some reason.

im not injured from it because I recovered on after about 10 minutes of easy riding.

normal?

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    do you stretch? I would recommend a good sports massage
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    did my hardest TT last night ever. biggest power numbers ever. managed an av.power of 107% of FTP for an 18 minute effort. 7 miles.

my legs were hurting but it wasnt like the normal muscle burning sensation. it felt like proper pain in all my joints and tendons. I was pushing a bigger gear than usual for some reason.

Only managing 107% of FTP for an 18minute effort is a little unusual, most people will do more than that, but that just suggests a flat power profile, or maybe an overestimated FTP.

Maximal efforts can hurt, nothing particularly unusual. You may want to think why you were pushing a bigger gear.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I get the same pains and I have to cope with them all the way round, can't get rid of em when I push hard.