Ankle - Calf Pain

simon johnson
simon johnson Posts: 1,064
My body is not having a good year so far; my wife has labeled me a hypochondriac so I'll moan to you lot instead! Perhaps you can help diagnose and offer some advice for recovery....

Pain begins at the front/top of the ankle, extends upwards and outwards to the outside of my calf, ending just before the knee. It seems to follow an exact 'strip' and doesn't seem to devaite from it at all- hope that makes sense.

I feel the pain more when off the bike, just sitting and walking, but I guess this is just me being more aware. This ankle feels stiffer than the other when cycling. Any idea what's happening here?

Cheers :D
Where\'s me jumper?

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    You've posted quite a bit about wedges, etc, to correct self diagnosed pronation.
    Now, with this 'new' revelation I would suggest you stop shelling out on home fixes, and invest a little in a professional diagnosis... Before you really hurt yourself!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    hopper1 wrote:
    You've posted quite a bit about wedges, etc, to correct self diagnosed pronation.
    Now, with this 'new' revelation I would suggest you stop shelling out on home fixes, and invest a little in a professional diagnosis... Before you really hurt yourself!

Quite right, I attempted the wedges to correct my foot pain, side effect of that was knee pain and now the ankle/calf pain on the other leg!! Thursday I'm geting some moulded footbeds at Cyclefit, I'll see what advice I can get there and think about booking in (£££££ though); be worth it I'm sure. I was going to try cadence sport as suggested by others on here but I'm carless and they're miles away in the middle of nowhere.

My theory is that the new foot position on my right foot somehow caused stress to my left leg/ankle/foot (somehow!).
    Where\'s me jumper?