Pedals jammed!

00cheesey
00cheesey Posts: 46
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey,

I have a set of CrankBros. Acids and was going to take them off for a clean but they have completely stuck! I have even bent an allen key trying to remove them! I really need them off coz i have a race tomorrow,

Do u have any advice? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you are turning then the correct way?

get some bits and a holder for a ratchet.

some Plus Gas might help.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Don't you use a spanner to take pedals off? I've found that whacking the end of the spanner with a hammer loosens them up, also try dribble some oil into the threads if you can.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    Silicone spray or WD in the threads, heat, brute force, long handle for more force.

Did you use anti seize paste when you put them on, might be a lesson learned here
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    thel33ter wrote:
    Don't you use a spanner to take pedals off? I've found that whacking the end of the spanner with a hammer loosens them up, also try dribble some oil into the threads if you can.

A lot of pedals don't have spanner flats.

To the OP, why not just clean them on the bike?
  • 00cheesey
    00cheesey Posts: 46
    thanks guys, ye well actually it's a m8s bike i'm fixing for him so i don't know but i don't think he's taken them off since he got the bike a few months ago :P but ye, CrankBros. pedals don't have spanner flats. But thanks for the help guys :)