I met a couple of pro's.

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
In work on Sunday afternoon I was servicing one of the civic amenity sites that I look after. As I drove onto site I saw a Halfords Pro Cycling team car. Hmmm..... I wonder who that could be? As I walked past I realized that its was olympic team pursuit champion Paul Manning. So I went and said hello chatted for a while, Olympics, Wiggo, Cav. But overall what a really top bloke he was. Down to earth and really friendly. Yesterday I was servicing the same site when another familiar figure walked past me. It was Rob Hayles. Again I said hello and chatted about the new team, upcoming races. Anyway he was on site getting rid of his rubbish. Bits and pieces out of the garage I think were his exact words. Now I don't call a carbon Dolan frame bits and pieces. He said it had belonged to Ian Stannard and the stays were cracked. He then gave me one of his team Halfords jackets. How cool is that? Ok the team doesn't exist anymore, but who cares I've got a jacket from Rob Hayles. (Said with a big cheesy grin on his face). :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Great stuff. Really good of him to give you the jacket.

Now the important questions... does it fit you? If it doesn't, can I buy it if it's my size!?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I often see lots of pro's in Mayfair and Soho.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Tonymufc
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Great stuff. Really good of him to give you the jacket.

Now the important questions... does it fit you? If it doesn't, can I buy it if it's my size!?

Sorry dude its a nice fit. Its a winter one so won't get to use it till the cold weather comes back. (Which probably won't be that long). What a pair of top blokes though. Do you think a Premiership footballer would do that? No, me neither.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Rob is renowned for his bike building skills. Has some real strange ones from bits he must accumulate.
  • Tonymufc
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Rob is renowned for his bike building skills. Has some real strange ones from bits he must accumulate.

Yeah he also threw away some sort of bike that he'd built. I believe he also left some goodies with my mate that works on site after I'd left. DOH!
  • Rob gave me some of his old KLR-Dolan team jerseys from a couple of years back when i met him!
  • Tonymufc
    Rob gave me some of his old KLR-Dolan team jerseys from a couple of years back when i met him!

Like I said he is a proper top bloke. All I have to do now is be on site when he's getting rid of his Endura stuff. :lol:
  • Good idea! What else did you get from him? 8)