Lady's FS bike for £1000?

JimmerG
JimmerG Posts: 143
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Mrs G is looking for a full susser on the CTW scheme.

Yes I know a hard tail will be better specced, but she's a mother of 4 and I reckon she deserves a plush comfortable ride for a change....

Has anyone spotted anything? We like the look of the Myka FS but its just shade over the mark at £1099....

Have any ladies out there found any compfortable mens FS bikes?

Thanks for your help.

J

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    If it's any help, mrs.blitz gets by with a comfy seat and a suspension seat post on her GF HKEK. She tried a Trek something-or-other FS bike that was ~£1000 but TBH it was a gate on wheels.

The GF is light and agile and reasonably supple over the bumps (for a HT).
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    If Paul's Cycles still have them the Mongoose teocali Women's is an excelent piece of kit.

Enough travel to give your wife confidence in the more sketchy bits.

The most efficient suspension on the rear I have ever seen, zeropedal bob, absolutely zero, yet plush enough to soak up a 1cm thick twig. (very jelous when I saw this happen)

The forks look like a weak point, and they would be for a normal male rider, for someone female weight they are stunning.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    I bought my wife a new bike a couple of weeks ago, Specialized Myka FSR Comp. Really nice bike, she loves it to bits!

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/produc ... oduct=Myka FSR Comp 2010
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    My missus got a FS Pinnacle about a year ago from Evans on the whole CTW scheme - think she paid £800 when list was £1300.

I was adament that we wouldn't get FS at under a grand as usually it isn't worth it, but this came out lighter than the <£1k Speccy hardtails and frankjly, for the money will do her proud.

Odd stem / headset arrangement though...