LeJog

gbsahne001
gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
Any advice for doing this? Planning to do it whilst the wife is away during the half term break in May.

Would aim to do somewhere between 100 - 150 miles per day.

Comments

• JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    That is a lot of daily miles!! You`ll probably have to confine yourself to main roads all the time then, plot route out on GPS if you can to save time on navigation,---and will therefore miss out a lot of the scenery aspects of a classic route.
    My LEJOG was much more leisurely at 70-80 miles per ady but at least then had routes off main roads.

Take it steadily as the continual daily riding really does tire you out; train on l;ong steady riding too; do you have a support vehicle or self contained?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    100 miles per day is very doable, but 150 miles will take a bit of proper training.

Whatever you do though, don't stick to main roads all the way. Most people use some main roads, but try to avoid the busy ones and it'll be much more enjoyable.

Do you have a route yet? I did a 5 day LEJOG last year, which worked out at about 300km/day or 12-13 hours on the road (including stops). You might not want to do it in as short a time, but I think my route was mostly a good compromise between direct and enjoyable. Here is is (missing LE - Penzance as I forgot to press strat on my GPS):

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    More problems but still living....