CAAD9 Pimping

2»

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Lagavulin wrote:
    White Line wrote:
    Lagavulin, Aye, I'm having to buy it and then swap parts over...
    I thought as much. Pity but guess I'd have to do the same.
    First thing to go would be the Racing 7s. I have a set of the red anodised R7s and they've been nothing but bother.

The more I think about it the more I'm tempted to get this rather nice - red albeit with 105 and an alu steerer, ride it on iffy days and through the winter, and then maybe deck it out with Campag or SRAM Red and a set of (ideally white) Cosmic Carbone SLs for next Spring/Summer.cannondale-caad-9-105-compact-2010-road-bike.jpg

Indeed, the first things to go will be the Racing 7s. They'll be getting replaced with Ksyrium SLs and then getting stuck on the winter bike, and the wheels on that will be getting binned. :D

You'd have to get SRAM Red! Campag just doesn't suit Cannondales IMO. :? Cosmic Carbone SLs in red would look sweet! Custom stickers on eBay or something?

Got to say; I'm quite drawn to the white and red CAAD9s. Especially with the Edge wheels. Although, the bare metal CAAD9 and CAAD8 need the stickers removed. :twisted:

As for that lime thing ... My God! :|

Those Elite cages are pretty nice. Just a shame they're white and red and not white and blue or green. Unless; are the red bits stickers that could be whipped off? 8)
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Lagavulin wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Some more pimped 9s...

3642073085_4ee1318679_b.jpg
    That is class. 8)
    Regret not getting an '09 in that (or very similar) white/red. :(

Thats a great looking bike.

For your bike, White fizik bartape (wipeable so will survive a lot longer than normal white bartape which gets dirty instantly), and White hoods, can get these from PBK I think.

Or you could try green fizik bartape and hoods.

Try following the Euro rules- Official Rules of the Euro Cyclist for how to properly to it.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • White Line
    I forgot all about the Euro Cyclist Rule Book! :shock: I'm off to Facebook to make sure I make no mistakes!

I've just realised that Hudz haven't brought out a 6700 Ultegra model yet, and still have the 6600 in stock. According the the guy on the WW forum, who seems to be the owner, they won't have them for a while yet. :(
    NapoleonD wrote:
    3642073085_4ee1318679_b.jpg
    Looks like somebody could do with a white stem and seatpost! :twisted:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    The silver CAAD9's are the best 8)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    White Line wrote:
    Those Elite cages are pretty nice. Just a shame they're white and red and not white and blue or green. Unless; are the red bits stickers that could be whipped off? 8)
    £9.99 until you can spaff loads on some carbon numbers? :wink:
  • Fru T Bunn
    Fru T Bunn Posts: 159
    2010-pinarello-dogma-black_428.jpg
    What saddle is that?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Selle italia slr
  • White Line
    Lagavulin wrote:
    White Line wrote:
    £9.99 until you can spaff loads on some carbon numbers? :wink:
    Oh. My. God. You absolute legend! Bought! :D:D Done a wee Google search for acid green ones and got them for about £7.50 each from Petra Cycles.
  • Fru T Bunn
    Fru T Bunn Posts: 159
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Selle italia slr
    Ta
  • JackCB
    JackCB Posts: 92
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Some more pimped 9s...

3278021122_444ef9f274_b.jpg

That's not a 9! Liar!

I've bought myself a black 2010 CAAD9 105. I was going to get the Tiagra version, but my LBS sold me on the BB30, which (they told me) only comes with 105 and up.

My cycling feet are twitching now after three months or so with no bike (stolen), but my LBS won't be getting the bike in until the end of this week - start of the next, and I'm going to Scotland for a week on Friday. So I probably won't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks...

I'm not 100% sold on the colour scheme (like White Line, I think it would look better if the writing were solid white), but you can't really go too wrong with black, I suppose, and I think it will grow on me.

I am EXCITED!