Paris Roubaix 2009

2»

Comments

• Burghley
    Burghley Posts: 412
    Hi

Stayed in the Mercure Compiegns (booked a year ago!) Friday and Saturday night along with Cofidis, Rabobank, Silence Lotto, and Saxo Bank.

Spent hours oggling bikes and riders.

Went to presentation on Saturday PM, and back again for the start.

Wound our way north to stay at the Ibis in Villeneuve d'Asc to watch the finish on TV.

Another great Easter weekend (our seventh Paris Roubaix)

Rgds

Pete
    www.bikesetup.co.uk
    miles more cycling comfort
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    i was in cysoing too - it blew me away. i rode some of the parcours the day before.

3439311437_9325ab30c8.jpg
    3439215029_650a1e54ed.jpg
    3440017658_857df67459.jpg
  • putri
    putri Posts: 2
    hi from singapore!
    how did u see it seven times??!!any tips...as i plan to do the same.
    how should i plan for the arenburg forest..what time should i get there and do u have to walk alot to get to it..where should i park?thanks so much.
    u can also email me at putri@pacific.net.sg

russel
  • putri
    putri Posts: 2
    anyone can offers tips on how to wTCH THE RACE MULTIPLE TIMES INCLUDING THE ARENBURG FOREST?
    WHERE SHOULD I PARK/WHICH CITY SHOULD I GO WITH THE MOST CONVENIENT ESCAPE ROUTE AND LEAST WALKING!
    THANKS.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    You can park between the Arenberg forest road & the Access to the motorway(at either end,it doesnt matter).when they've passed through you can drive up to the cysoing area using motorway & main road.as you walk out of cysoing (leave the car in one of the housing estates) you come onto the sector 'Duclosse Lasalle'(it was sector 6 last year). when you walk along this cobbled sector,keep going until you reach the right hand bend.You will have a good view from here& when the leaders have passed,you can walk/jog down the tarmac road which takes you across the field to the next sector.You can easily see this from the corner.
    Last year,I saw them start In Compiegne,then drove to approx the third sector of cobbles(think it was called St Vast en Camraises,or similar).
    Do Not dirve as i did last year,heading north on the 'main'roads,You will just get caught up in all the followers/race traffic,as this road crisscrosses the race a few times & you WILL loose time.From St Vast,headnorth-east,back around Cambrai & get on the motorway.
    Slightly further,but a LOT quicker.I just got to the exit of the Arenberg & saw the leaders,But it WAS CLOSE :o
    Its not far from the sectors near Cysoing to get to the Carrefour d'arbre,but you would need a bike to cut across the dirt lane to get there ( I was fortunate to get a lift off an English guy in his 4X4)
    I actually saw them,including the start,6 times,so,even excluding the race across to the Carefour,You can reasonably see them 5 times,just make sure you use the Main road back to Cambrai,As I didn't,last year,& almost missed them at The Arrenberg
    Send me pmif you need further info,& all the best.Might even see you there!
    so many cols,so little time!