2011 Tour de France: TTT back

2»

Comments

• A TTT for me is on par with the team pursuit. Watching an incredibly honed and skilled team drill it out is fantastic to watch when done properly.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Any mention of the Tour returning to London next year? Thought they were bringing it back with the excuse of staging a full-size road race & TT before the Olympics.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    iain_j wrote:
    Any mention of the Tour returning to London next year? Thought they were bringing it back with the excuse of staging a full-size road race & TT before the Olympics.

With Borris as mayor?

No.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iain_j wrote:

There's usually a test event for all the sports in the Olympics a year or so before the event. So there might be some kind of RR and TT. Doesn't mean it has to be the Tour, though.
  • I like the visual spectacle (sponsors must love them). They're very photogenic. A bit like the team pursuit in the velodrome.
  • msw
    msw Posts: 313
    Agree that I wouldn't like to see the TTT become too important in the GC, but in 2011 won't the chances of this be minimised by it being:

a) very short (23km in a TTT - about 25 minutes?)
    b) very early in the race?
    "We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."