TFI FRIDAY :)

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
The weekend is upon us. :D anyone got anything non boring plahnned?

I have to wait for a parcel (again)
pick up gift for niece
clean bike
buy microwave (old one broke)
get bike dirty (may involve a train journey)
several of my friends will be at butlins (booooo)
consume alchohol
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Well today I'm admitting my uncle to hospital and he could be losing a leg and then I have my own hospital appointment where they might be planning to drill into my sinus :(

Need a Euromillions at this rate to balance this
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    TGIF indeed mate!! Such a long week this week! (But payday was wednesday!)

Off out on the pi$s tonight with the lads, not seen a few of them for a year or so, as they've settled down/had kids/moved away etc, so a reunion in our old local (the biggest dive ever, but 40p for a game of pool.. win!)

Hopefully bits from CRC, Superstar and WHS will arrive today, so clean the bike and fit them tomorrow.. :D
    Surprise the missus with some tickets to visit her parents in Spain, and some clothing from CRC I ordered for her (awwwww...... :lol: )

Ride Sunday.. its been too long since I've been out on a monster ride, so try to get 50-60 miles in, riding to, from and all over the Surrey Hills.... can't wait!

(Lol, I'll probably trade it all for a lazy weekend of MW2, but I have good intentions!!)
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Well today I'm admitting my uncle to hospital and he could be losing a leg and then I have my own hospital appointment where they might be planning to drill into my sinus :(

:( Hope all goes well (or as well as can go) mate... shall keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you both.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Coatbridgeguy
    Jeez, hope all goes well.

I'm hoping by new brake rotor and Dangerboy levers arrive today or tomorrow, so I can fit them in time for Sunday. Got a ride planned at Cannock Chase, might try to get round four times.

Other than that, MW2.

I should probably clean my car, but it's been so long that I'm worried it's now held together with encrusted road salt (it's French).
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Not much TBH.

Waiting for some parcels to arrive (if they do)

Chain
    Gear Cable
    ESI grips

If by a stroke of luck they all do arrive, then I shall be indexing (fettle-excitement coming on), so then it's finished with the exception of new pedals that won't be here until next week.

Trip to PO for MORE posting of goodies for my punters (3rd time this week).

In tonight, work tomorrow for a few hours, then some drinks in the evening.

Sunday, got an all-day ride planned (on the Sanction - which is running sweet and always impresses)

So chilled all-in-all :D
  • Coatbridgeguy, hope all goes well for you and your uncle mate.

Plans:

Tonight, wife won’t be back from work til late so we’ll probably just be lazy and watch a couple of episodes of Spooks or something.

Saturday, she’s out for the day so I’m Daddy Day Care. Might get some fish (I’m sure I’ve said that before), hopefully if my new stem turns up tomorrow I’ll get that fitted. Then the evening she’ll still be out so a nice cheesy sci-fi/vampire/car chase film (maybe 2) in peace.

Sunday, out on bike. Either with my brother and his mate who have both just started riding again, or with my local club. Sunday night, watch CSI New York and Heroes from the night before.
    "I ride to eat"
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Got a late Burns' night tonight with some friends, basically you eat haggis that tastes like @rse (bad) followed by trying several different whiskeys (good). Tomorrow Is a ride in the morning, some naughty little scamp has erected some north shore in my local wood, so I'm might go and check it out. Saturday evening is a friends birthday up in London..should be good. And sunday I get to ride around in a new Royles Royce Phantom (my missus' uncle works for RR and has to try and put a certain amount of miles on the car over the weekend).
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Plans:

Finish off installing kitchen worktops.
    Start laying kitchen floor.

My cup runneth over!

On the good side of things, I'll be playing footy on Sunday - finally getting our season back to normal after several weeks of canceled games due to flooded pitches and ice/snow.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • bails87
    Daz555
    I assume we'll be getting pictures!?
    MTB/CX

• Blizzards this morning has pretty much put everything on hold & I'm really fed up of sledging :(

Going to the pics to see Toy Story 2 in 3D 2morrow night though :)
  • Actually, I have a new plan for the weekend.

I’m going to fly to Holland, find my Dutch colleague who keeps cocking everything up, break his fingers and throw his laptop out the window. (I might even D-lock the cnut)

That might stop him from ballsing up the most simple task that he did for me “as a favour” that I then have to spend the next hour and a half fixing! I can’t even point his out to our manager as he’s Dutch and thinks his team over there are the best thing since windmills. :evil: :evil:

Next time he offers to help me, I’ll just show him the D-lock, he’ll get the hint.
    :lol:
    "I ride to eat"
  • New parts all fitted and havnt been on the bike in 2wks so a good ride over the wknd for me :lol:
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • cod mw2 online for the rest of the day!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • I thinkin I'm going bowling on Saturday afternoon. Other than that, not much. Just relaxing at the parents house really.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    Yeah i am with stav83 on this one mate, hope all goes well for you both this weekend. Thoughts are with you and your uncle.
    Stav83 wrote:
    Well today I'm admitting my uncle to hospital and he could be losing a leg and then I have my own hospital appointment where they might be planning to drill into my sinus :(

:( Hope all goes well (or as well as can go) mate... shall keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you both.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    fit my shiney new bits tonight hopefully, first day of work in the LBS tomorrow, followed by a mates 18th and then a ride at cannock on sunday to check out my new parts :D
  • lawman wrote:
    fit my shiney new bits tonight hopefully, first day of work in the LBS tomorrow, followed by a mates 18th and then a ride at cannock on sunday to check out my new parts :D

great weekend ahead of you fella ;)

Just received my ESI Silicone grips and fitted them, what a friggin nightmare to fit, made me laugh on the pack 'easy to fit' yer righto, tried the usual GT85 on the inside of the grip, still was a bugger!!!
  • lawman
    im so tempted to say what ive bought, but i dont want my riding mates to see on here :lol: all im goona say is geez they're light :D
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    lawman wrote:
    im so tempted to say what ive bought, but i dont want my riding mates to see on here :lol: all im goona say is geez they're light :D
    you've bought balloons
    what are brakes for again
  • lawman
    kangaroo wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    you've bought balloons

well i have to pump them up :P :lol:
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Stuart_C wrote:
    I can’t even point his out to our manager as he’s Dutch and thinks his team over there are the best thing since windmills
    That actually made me laugh out loud... Good stuff :D

I know I shouldn't laugh at your mis-fortune, but you worded it so funnily! :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • bails87
    lawman
    New forks to replace your dodgy Toras?
    MTB/CX

• stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Wheels arrived today so have fitted them !

Might go shopping for some bike stuff tomorrow as i have been paid £100 more then i thought:)

Moving house tomorrow and Sunday ... Out of the country but closer to town and the trails !
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • lawman
    bails87 wrote:
    lawman
    New forks to replace your dodgy Toras?

might be ........... :D
  • Well Uncle still has two legs as of tonight and hopefully won't be losing anything (next few days will be telling) and they still dunno what's wrong with me so I'm getting cat and an MRI to see if I have any bad things.... not checked my euromillions though so that could still make today a bloody good one. Thanks for the kind words though...Tis appreciated
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy