can we make sure we use *spolier* please

2»

Comments

• I just never understood this spoiler concept. What does it spoil exactly?

Go to friggin Cyclingnews first if you want to see results then here second to discuss them - it's elementary. Stay away from a thread on Pro Scene if you don't want to see people discuss results.

Personally, doesn't bother me massively, but I'd prefer, if possible, not to know the result beforehand. For example, if you're watching a stage and a breakaway escapes but you already know they must brought back, it's not as exciting if you don't know and are willing them to succeed.

It's a Pro Race forum yes, but not all the topics centre around results - there are plenty of other things being discussed, so to suggest users just 'stay away' is hardly fair comment. Ultimately, it is up to each individual user what they use the forum for and the *Spoiler* tag just aids this.
    Moray Gub wrote:

Maybe if posters would go a bit easier on someone who forgets or doesnt know about this...

Agreed - although in fairness to the OP, he did issue a 'polite reminder' so not really applicable for some of the harsh responses in this thread.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    *Spoiler*

I love boobies.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Ah, The Andre Griepel thread. No clues there! :lol:
    I think that if the results continue to appear in thread titles, folks who don't want to risk finding out results will get the message and stay away until viewed.

To me, folks staying off the forum, for whatever reason, is counter productive to debate.
    All topics will be effected.
    The simplest remedy is the use of a single word.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Maybe people who post their remarks on the Spoiler section should communicate in the Artform of DANCE!!!

I could be harsh and say that if you want to see a race so badly then you should be watching it instead of being unfaithful and viewing this forum instead OR are you wishing to record the race to miss out on the boring bits! Shame on you! The boring bits are the real test to how committed you are to bike racing!!

-Jerry

PS- Someone tell me to go away as I can't help taking the p1ss.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Personally my life does not revolve around checking the pro race forum.
    So guess what I do? I record the highlights on sky and watch it before looging on the internet.
    Do some of you guys just sit watching the pro page to see if some one posted without "spoiler" in the title, sort of spoiler police? :D
  • Personally my life does not revolve around checking the pro race forum.

:wink: Neither do I, but my lunch time does, and as Australia is currently 10hours 30mins ahead of us here in the UK, the stage is already over. As my work has a firewall that stops the streaming of media content, I have to wait until I get home to catch the highlights.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Personally my life does not revolve around checking the pro race forum.

:wink: Neither do I, but my lunch time does, and as Australia is currently 10hours 30mins ahead of us here in the UK, the stage is already over. As my work has a firewall that stops the streaming of media content, I have to wait until I get home to catch the highlights.

You should go out and have some lunch :lol: Your that addicted to site that you have to check it lunchtime every day? :D
    By the way I am only on here again as I am looking for work so it breaks the searching up :D
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    My English wasn't so good - was trying to say, if you clicked into a thread titled "TdU - Stage 2" what did you *expect* to see, boobs?

I was saying: "come on guys, we're tough, hairy cyclists not a bunch of precious whimps with special handling needs, so man up if you happen to see the name of a stage or classics winner sans drumroll and Davina Macall with a mic in her hand".

It's only cycling, it will not kill you. This is a public place like a pub.

I'd love to see one of the precious types go into a Millwall pub, stand on a chair and announce "Hello my fine chaps, sorry to trouble you but would you all be good sports and not talk about football while I'm here enjoying my white wine spritzer? Ta ever so much."
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Putting "TDU Stage 2" is obvious and fair, it's when someone gets excited and writes "Greipel again" or "Cav wins San Remo" that it can spoil things.

It only takes a two seconds to type "SPOILER" and that makes this forum a bit less like a Millwall boozer and a bit more like a place to chat. :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Kléber wrote:
    Putting "TDU Stage 2" is obvious and fair, it's when someone gets excited and writes "Greipel again" or "Cav wins San Remo" that it can spoil things.

It only takes a two seconds to type "SPOILER" and that makes this forum a bit less like a Millwall boozer and a bit more like a place to chat. :wink:

Completely off topic, but I saw this yesterday...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greensl ... ndependent

... and came to the conclusion that this place maybe isn't that bad :lol: