Bikehike routes database closing -download your saved routes

doyler78
doyler78 Posts: 1,951
I've just spotted this on the MTB forums.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12672783

Pity. It was my preferred site.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • doyler78
    Err is that not the same thread as I have linked :wink:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    AFAIK Bikehike will continue to exist - there'll just be no database of routes, which is not the end of the world.

I make routes and save them to .tcx anyway
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • doyler78
    AFAIK Bikehike will continue to exist - there'll just be no database of routes, which is not the end of the world.

I make routes and save them to .tcx anyway

Ahh get you - that's not so bad then. I can still design my routes. I prefer the site because of its elevation profiles as they are very close to the profiles that my Polar gives me therefore I have a much more realistic sense of what I'm planning when I use this.

mapmyride I find way too flat for these purposes. I look at the profiles it throws up and wonder what I'm looking at because it bears no resemblence to reality. If I look at the routes I have in there it looks like I live in perfect tt country whereas the reality is that I live in rolling country with barely a flat section. If it's not going up it's going down. Nothing too great most of the time but nevertheless it aint flat.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Not just the one site either...
    3rd December 2009 - Service Resumed
    BikeRouteToaster.com is up and running again after being offline for a number of days. We apologise for the disruption to service but it was out of our hands. Our hosting provider (Computrad Europe Ltd) decided that they didn't want to host our site anymore and took the server offline. So far they haven't given us a reason as to why the server was taken down so suddenly. We have been trying to contact them to retrieve our data that was held on their server but have been unable to do so. As a result we have had to restore the database from an earlier backup and approximately 1 weeks worth of data has been lost.
    As a result you may find that courses you created recently are not available. Also if you have just registered recently and now can't log in it may be that you need to register again.
    We apologise once again for any inconvenience this has caused.
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)