Best online store?

teamtalairan
teamtalairan Posts: 175
edited December 2009 in Road buying advice
What gets your vote for favourite online store and which has the best sale so far?!

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    cheapest isn't always best when buying on line. Unless its massively cheaper I tend to buy through wiggle - because they don't fart about with returns - and refund postage for faulty goods - I know they are legally obliged to do this - but some stores make it hard work.

I also like rutland cycling, but have only used them a couple of time.
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    PRENDAS
  • Wiggle for me, they are absolutely no hassle at all to deal with.

I have learnt my lesson by looking for cheap options and cannot be bothered to waste time on the phone or in front of the pc chasing up orders, just click and forget then wait for it to arrive.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    CRC for an overall mix of cost / product range.

Prendas for service.

GB Cycles sale looks pretty good if they have what you want.
  • Chain Reaction
    Dotbike
    Parker International
    Cycle Clothing
  • Your LBS
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Wiggle, Parker and Chain reaction for me. My LBS isn't very good, hence I don't bother unless it's for small things and I'm desperate.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    in no particular order:

CRC -
    range: massive
    prices: very good
    service: very good

Wiggle -
    range: pretty good
    prices: good

Merlin -
    range: limited
    prices: very good
    service: good

dotbike -
    range: good
    prices: so-so

Ribble are cheap too, especially with the current 20% off deal. Service is generally good, with the odd exception.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Problem with Ribble is that although you can find some bargains, the item you want is rarely in stock!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    CRC
    Probikekit
    Ribble
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Problem with Ribble is that although you can find some bargains, the item you want is rarely in stock!

I have spent a fair bit with Ribble this year, on all sorts of stuff. Absolutely faultless service, and everything was in stock.
    So:

Ribble.
    Parker.
    Wiggle.
    PBK.
    CRC.

No particular order, they've all been spot on with their service. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Funnily enough, after my previous comment regarding Ribble, I had a nosey on their site and got a great deal on a new chain and a nice set of pedals, but I still stand by what I said. Sometimes, they can be very frustrating!
  • chip42
    chip42 Posts: 145
    Only used them once but a company called Fudge, in London,cracking deals on alll SRAM gear and very quick service.

Andy