Winter Jacket £200 budget

2»

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    nferrar wrote:
    Yeah glad I got my Stealth to, when it's gets cold (like last night) my Gore Phantom just doesn't cut it (when wearing only 1 merino baselayer anyway), I was fine in the Stealth though. Wore a Gore Kidney Warmer out for the first time last night to and it's great (although I'm a bit on the tubby side for it :p ).

Not doubt the Assos 851 is a nice jacket but it's a hell of a lot of money and not waterproof, given the Stealth does everything I need I'm not sure why I'd want to spend more.

I was out last night too, about 2-3 deg so pretty cold. Just in my £35 Altura softshell which kept me just as warm as the Assos and Rapha jackets. So for function, I don't think you do need to spend loads,
  • I was thinking about buying assos winter bibtights at around £180-220 but after reading reviews found the Giordana Body Clone Carbons and have to say for £91 (rrp £114 but search around) they are v. good and a very technical garment. They also do jackets in the Body Clone range so they should be pretty damn good too.

Merry Christmas Everyone.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Went out the other night in the snow to fetch the car which I left at work - walked the 5 miles in the snow which was somewhat quicker than the 2 hour drive it took others. Rode back in my Gore Tool over a HH baselayer - that was enough. What I don't like about the 851 is lack of windproof protection on the back - if you have to stop in winter - inevitable on group rides - then I find it chills quite quickly.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..