TT Saddles?

05hcarth
05hcarth Posts: 25
edited December 2009 in Amateur race
Does anyone have a favourite saddle they like to use in time trials? I have a San Marco Concor but it can get a little uncomfortable in longer time trials. So if anyone has any suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them.

Comments

• Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    Best thing is to first make sure your shorts / skinsuit fit and aren't bunching up or chaffing.
  • Anderl
    Anderl Posts: 70
    I changed to a PlanetX saddle which looks very much like a Fizik Arione and it made a hell of a difference to my time trial pleasure ( shouldn't put these words together :lol: ). It was pretty cheap as well.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Sella Italia NT1 has a nice wide gel-filled nose so that you can perch right on the tip of the saddle without getting numb nuts.

SA5185.jpg
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Many time triallists I know have recently switched to the ISM Adamo saddle. It's quite unique in shape and takes a little getting used to, I'm told, but many people have told me it has transformed their saddle comfort when racing. I've got one all set up on my best bike on the turbo, ready for when the weather turns bad. It feels very very different, but potentially very comfy from the brief moments I've sat on it so far. That doesn't include actually doing any training on it yet though, I admit!

Ruth
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I use a normal road saddle, in fact it is the original Bontrager one I got with my Trek road bike. This has been mega comfortable whilst TTing, though it was never that comfortable on the road bike. :?

I haven't had any issues with doing a 100 mile TT and a 12hr TT with it. I think it is like any saddle, what is great for one person, might be hell for another one.
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    As above after a particularly painful 100 I bought an ISM Adamo saddle and it certainly works for me. Next 100 and subsequent rides including a 12h the bits that hurt were the ones that were meant to.

Idea is simple and if nose of saddle is giving you jip then worth checking out,

One thing recommended if you do is this set up video, since normal rules of saddles dont apply.

http://www.ttbikefit.com/shop.html/#adamovid
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    After doing my first intervals on the TT bike today I think I'm going to try an Adamo!

Edit - One ordered :shock:
  • BeaconRuth
    NapoleonD wrote:
    After doing my first intervals on the TT bike today I think I'm going to try an Adamo!

Mine's still not been used - the weather hasn't been bad enough to force me onto the turbo yet. I'm sure the weather's gonna turn nasty eventually this winter. So far so good though.

Ruth
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Mine's still not been used - the weather hasn't been bad enough to force me onto the turbo yet. I'm sure the weather's gonna turn nasty eventually this winter. So far so good though.

Ruth

We've been really lucky recently with the weather!

Unfortunately MrsNapD works opposite shifts to me so the Turbo has been used after the kiddies are in bed and she's at work... :(
  • BeaconRuth
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Unfortunately MrsNapD works opposite shifts to me so the Turbo has been used after the kiddies are in bed and she's at work... :(
    I know I'm very lucky to have the chance to get out in daylight. Well done for getting the training done after the kids are in bed!

Ruth