A birthday present for my Mother

EdHarris
EdHarris Posts: 81
edited November 2009 in Road beginners
Hello all, I was wondering if you could assist me in my research:

My Mother recently bought an old fashioned Dutch-style upright bicycle. She loves it. She rides it work, to the shops and on recreational rides too. I ride a racing bike and have ridden with her a couple of times on recreational runs and she has mentioned an interest in getting a bike computer.

Her birthday is coming soon and I'm thinking of getting her one, and this is hopefully where you chaps step in: it must not be too technical and gizmo-ridden, she's blessed with skills and intellegence in many departments, but computers and gadgets is not ine of them. It should preferably have one button, and record speed, distance, time, average and overall distance (odometer).

The reason why I ask you to help is because whilst there are many computers fitting the requirements, all the ones I've seen are with wires. I would like to get her one which is wireless but I can't find any.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I bought the CycloSport 4.1 for my g/f when she started out. It has no buttons (well there are tiny ones at the back for setup), so once setup, just start riding and it starts recording. It resets overnight automatically so the trip meter is zero'ed. It has large clear digits. My g/f just rides, has to do nothing to the computer other than read it.
    943_0.jpg
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    What about Cateye Vectra Wireless, I think it has one button. When you say it must have time, do you mean trip time or a clock? It has a clock but not trip time and I don't think it has avarage speed.

there's the NiteRider Rebel 2.0 Wireless Cycle Computer but that's two buttons.

I think you might find it hard to find many wirless with one button, I get the impression that those with average speed and wireless are more then one button
  • Thank you very much guys you've been very helpful in suggesting computers I hadn't been aware of: the Cateye Vectra Wireless looks good, I think I'll purchase one of those.

Perhaps I used too much hyperbole when I said it should have just one button, I wanted a to find a very simple computer.

Cheers,
    Edward
  • I use one of these
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/dc-7r-3956765/

2 buttons but nice and simple, also nice large display just in case your mothers eyes arent what they used to be.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I'd suggest one of these, if it's not too late. Everything you want, with one button.
    http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1548
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I was going to suggest that but it's 2 buttons and a little bit complicated.
  • Cateye Strada Wireless, extremely easy to use.

Dunedin