W.i.P: old orange crush

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Here is one:

FSX-CarbonTi.jpg

Used RS Mag uppers.

I think spesh use Future Shock for their new forks too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure their forks are still called "future shock" although they're built by Fox I believe.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    they're still called "futureshock" according to MBUK, no idea if they're fox or not, though apparently fox are owned by RST....
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Anonymous
    Fox are owned by Raleigh? Are you sure?

EDIT:
    It seems Fox are still family owned.
  • supersonic
    RST do build bits of forks for many others as vendors. Look at the Society forks every one raves about - they are rebadged RSTs.
  • Anonymous
    But not Fox, as far as I can find out.
  • supersonic
    I'll have to look into it, I did hear they did some of the lower leg castings.
  • Anonymous
    See, I've heard the other way round, that Fox manufacture some low end OEM shocks for catalogue bikes and such.
  • Anonymous
    Hey, sheepsteed, have you ever considered a bamboo hardtail frame?
  • Anonymous
    bike is now built, turned up this morning and i managed to put it together in less than an hour including hunting for shims in my spares box for the front mech.

i wont be taking it out properly until sunday but its a bit lighter, cant find my scale at the moment to say exactly how much but its nice and all went together dead easy.

it is quite large though so we'll see how long this frame lasts.

pbpic4218855.jpg
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    gorgeous :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Anonymous
    have been out for a ride (couldtn resist) and it was really good, the frame is considerably larger than the one it replaced and not in a bad way. i definately need a shorter stem though the bike handles fine but i feel a bit stretched out, the current one is a 100mm so im gonna swap it for a 60mm one instead.

it still feels pretty comfy when i am sat and pedalling so it must be down to the tyres and saddle as the post is showing a whole lot less now and i thought that was a major contributor to the comfort on the on one.

as it happens, i think its a bit ugly, i dont normally like straight tubed alu bike frames, i much prefer the look of a swoopy hydro formed things. but, im sure it will grow on me.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    it's not ugly, it looks awesome :D
  • Anonymous
    looks like a generic far eastern frame.

(yeah, I know, Orange fans will hunt me down and try to kill me for saying that.

But, I'm ready and waiting for them :twisted: )
  • Anonymous
    you're exactly right yeehaa, if i covered up the great big orange decal i bet it wouldnt draw a single glance and theres nothing particularly clever about the frame.

it does however go pretty good and i like it. for me its an experiment in seeing if i can stomach a supposedly stiff alu frame, turns out i can.

i wonder why i am having this sudden turn around of opinion with the hardtail bike?

ive always disliked them but for whatever reason, im really enjoing them at the mo.
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    i wonder why i am having this sudden turn around of opinion with the hardtail bike?

ive always disliked them but for whatever reason, im really enjoing them at the mo.

It's called "seeing the light" :lol:

Did you manage to flog the on-one frame?
  • Anonymous
    i think ive sold it, the guy needs to get in comms still.

As for seeing the light, that happened yrs ago on a fs :wink:
  • supersonic
    The subjectivity of fun ;-)

Or just different. The most fun I had on a bike was a fully rigid £150 Scott Timber lol.
  • Anonymous
    i think id feel diferently about it if it was my only bike, id feel like i was missing out.

But for short blasts, im enjoying the ht.

I might take it to llandegla at some point soon to see how it compares.
  • Anonymous
    Sheep, I'll meet you there, on my full suss, and we'll race. That will prove definitively which is "best" :lol:

(I jest, of course - you have to point this out here these days)
  • Anonymous
    even if i could beat you in a race, i deliberately wouldnt so as not to disprove the fact that fs = best.
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
    Good man!
  • supersonic
    Be funny if you were quicker round on the HT!
  • Anonymous
    Actually, the black sections in lladegla are best suited to hardtails, sonic. Nothing there makes full use of suspension.
  • Anonymous
    Actually, the black sections in lladegla are best suited to hardtails, sonic. Nothing there makes full use of suspension.

This is exactly why i thought id take it there as opposed to coed y brenin, llandegla is very smooth.

Although some say theres no 'real' need for sus at degla, i like being able to squat the sus on the wider berms, it feels like an extra slingshot effect as the sus extends as you exit if you get it right.