Kona Cindercone 09

rocketman76
rocketman76 Posts: 195
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Here we go folks..

I'm pretty new to all this. Been to Llandegla and trundle along the local canal paths when i get a chance. Plan to hit Nant Yr Arian over the coming months and head back to Llandegla, to get used to it, then head into Snowdonia..

Not the most amazing bike I know, but it's my first foray into proper mountain biking so figured I'll start with something half decent on a budget!!!

OK so I went for it because I like the way it looks (especially now i've upgraded the pedals!!)..

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Specs
Frame Sizes 18"
Frame Tubing Kona All-Mountain Aluminum Butted
Rear Shock N/A
Fork RockShox Dart 3 100mm
Headset TH
Crankarms FSA Alpha Drive
Chainrings 42/32/22
Bottom Bracket FSA Powerdrive
Pedals Wellgo MG-1 (White!)
Chain Shimano Deore
Cassette Shimano Deore (11-32, 8spd)
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore
Rear Deraillleur Shimano SLX
Shifters Shimano Deore
Handlebar Kona XC/BC Riser OS
Stem Kona XC/BC OS
Grips Kona Race Light
Brakes Shimano 486 Hydraulic Disc
Brake Levers Shimano 486 Hydraulic
Front Hub Formula Disc
Rear Hub Shimano M475 Disc
Spokes Sandvik Stainless 15g fr/14g rr
Tyres Maxxis Ignitor 26x2.1
Rims Sun Black Eye
Saddle WTB Speed V Sport SE
Seatpost Kona Double Thumb
Seat Clamp Kona QR
Colour Pearl White
Extras Kona water bottle!!!

Comments

• pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Not the most amazing bike I know, but it's my first foray into proper mountain biking so figured I'll start with something half decent on a budget!!!

There's nowt wrong with a Cindercone.

'Tis a good first bike.
  • +1 a great first bike, it taught me a lot!
  • hoathy
    hoathy Posts: 776
    nice bike. not sure about the rear light angle, but you can't have everything in life. How do you find the forks? are they dart 2s?

Airienteer - your kona ss looks like a nice ride too.
    - Kona Hot '96 - Marin Rift Zone '09 - Cannondale Synapse Carbon '06 - Kona Caldera '98 - Kona AA '94 - Dawes Kickback II - Cannondale BadBoy '11 - Genesis iOiD SS -
  • Cheers guys

I figure it's better to blind the driver behind than light up the rear tyre? First time the lights were on so will need some tweaking i'm sure!!

Forks are Dart3. They seem good to me. Bearing in mind this is my first mtb with any form of suspension I don't have much to compare it to, but I am relatively light and by tweaking the resistance i seem to be able to get a firm ride with just enough dampening.

I just need to go and get it properly dirty now....