Santa Cruz Superlight.......Updated with Pics....

2»

Comments

• The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    chorscroft wrote:
    Si78 wrote:
    Personally, I would go for white as a 'theme' colour... Would look great with the green 8)

I agree! White is always a good one to go for because it looks nice and clean but not overly blingy.

Agreed
  • .......Finally, Managed to order all the kit on friday once i got back off holiday.

The majority was in stock but i'll have to wait just over a week for the rest of it and then it's on with the build - at which point i'll get more pictures up.

Highlights so far are the Fox F120 RLC QR15 forks, The Chris King sotte veloce Headset and some nice Hope Hubs........ :D

Cheers
    Rob.
  • .......Finally, Managed to order all the kit on friday once i got back off holiday.

The majority was in stock but i'll have to wait just over a week for the rest of it and then it's on with the build - at which point i'll get more pictures up.

Highlights so far are the Fox F120 RLC QR15 forks, The Chris King sotte veloce Headset and some nice Hope Hubs........ :D

Cheers
    Rob.

Looking forward to them pics, frame is a thing of beauty on its own
  • Finally...........

I am extremely pleased but let me know what you all think....(I'm guessing not to everyones taste...)

DSC02791.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02795.jpg
    DSC02797.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02798.jpg
  • You must be well chuffed with that, it looks awesome. Out of interest, what's it cost you in total then and what's it weigh?
  • Wow ! great build, looks awesome :) enjoy.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    looks amazing. very good spec aswell
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    very,very nice. Stunning bike! 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Cheers for the positive response........

Manc-Cat - Managed to get the frame cheap (hence the green colour) even though its the new frame so i managed the overall build for around £2350 - Far too much for a push bike (built lambretta's for less) however i don't think thats bad with the spec......

As for weight, until i can rush into the Vets where they have some big scales without getting caught..... :lol: , i think around 27lb / 28lb - could have got it lighter but this should take some decent abuse.

Took it out last night, just for an hour and it rides great, need to take some of the spaces out of the headset stack (got to get it right before cutting the steerer tube...made that mistake before) and it should feel better, but overall it rode (and climbed) really well.

Got two weekends in wales now so can't wait......if anyones around Llandegla, Coed or Betws give us a wave.......

Rob.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    That is awesome...very, very jealous
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • @ Chicken Fat, can i ask where you got your Race Face Deus chainset from, as I can find the new ones with the black/white/gold but I want the same ones as you, the black/white/red?

Thanks 8)
  • Hi 'Da mighty Chicken'

Got it from Stif mountain bikes in Headingly, Leeds. It's not on the website but they do have them in store (wasn't special order or anything).

http://www.stif.co.uk/index.asp

Cheers
    Rob.
  • Hi 'Da mighty Chicken'

Got it from Stif mountain bikes in Headingly, Leeds. It's not on the website but they do have them in store (wasn't special order or anything).

http://www.stif.co.uk/index.asp

Cheers
    Rob.

Cool, thanks Rob 8)
  • Well....thats the last time it's goin to look that clean, just back from Llandegla and it's filthy......Quality days riding though...Climbs really well.

I'll stick some more picks up later..

Rob.
  • I have had a recent infection of 'I need a new bike', and i've been trying desperately to resist looking at the superlight. You haven't helped!

It looks awesome - enjoy :-)
  • IT'S NOT SHINEY ANYMORE! 8) ........rides better than i could have imagined.

Marin trial friday, coed y brenin saturday and Llandegla sunday, great weekend, bikes filthy.......

DSC02873.jpg
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    i do really like santa cruz they build some really nice frames. i really likethe colour combo of the white forks and the green frame on your one. 8)
  • Where did you get your white syncros bar from?? Would suit my HiFi pro!
    Gary Fisher HiFi Pro 2009
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Cracking build there mate, You had a right bargain on the frame. My other half had an old superlite that hardly got ridden but she flogged it. Wish I had persuaded her to keep it now for a nice build.

I bet it climbed well on all that Marin trail fire road eh?
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Festing - They are Syncros Fr 20 7075 Riser Bar (product number 20136) from Stif in Leeds, not much of a rise on them but sweep is good and they are light.

Rob.
  • Thanks very much!! :o
    Gary Fisher HiFi Pro 2009
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    how are you finding the tyres? I've got a hardtail project on the go and i love the white stripe...had a look around and can only find plain black, where you get them from?

Cheers
  • Hi Ravey,

Tyres are really good, loads of grip etc, been out in the very wet and had no problems....
    I had heards some poor reveiws (and good reveiws) after i had ordered them so didn't know what to expect but they were fantastic over the last 2 weekends.

The are from Merlins cycles in Lancashire (or mail order from them, they are good). The Black with white strip are not a standard colour. 'Aparrently' They were produced by Schwalbe for Cannondale to go with one of their models but it didn't sell as well as they'd hope and ended up with a load of 'custom' tyres. Merlins usually buy this sort of thing from dealers/distributers. £50 for the pair and they did have some left.

Cheers
    Rob.
  • ravey1981
    Cheers bud, much appreciated, i'll have a look now :)
  • So........

Was really impressed with the ride, looks, everything about this bike THEN.......realised that the bottom bracket was loose, had a quick look and it wouldn't tighten so took it back to the shop. Turns out there was a manufacturing fault on the frame!!! only four weeks after the build...

Anyway, Stif have been great, Jungle (distributer) not so great but ok, and a new frame is on its way. Managed to get Jungle to supply an Anodized Slate frame rather than the green at an extra cost but happy with that.

Will put some new picks up when i get it back at the weekend, should look great, but just thought i'd keep you all informed......

Cheers
    R.
  • ravey1981
    Thats a shame, I really liked the green frame too. A little bit different.

I got those tyres you recommended, cheers, still waiting for frame to arrive :roll:
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    i managed the overall build for around £2350 - Far too much for a push bike (built lambretta's for less) however i don't think thats bad with the spec...

You probably end up pushing a Lambretta more though :lol:
  • Lol, probably.....but not as much as those pesky vespa's.......