Tourmalet TT 2010 TDF

2»

Comments

• teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Ms Tree wrote:
    teagar wrote:
    teagar -it's apretty steady gradient all the way up actually. 8 and 9% for the entirety from Ste Marie de Campan. It should favour Bradley, more than on your typical pyreneanclimb.

S'not how I remember it when I went up it this August..
    http://www.climbbybike.com/profile/Col- ... rofile.jpg

Maybe I meant the other side...

Did you mean snort???? Are you really Tom Boonen??????

Pfft I wish.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • andyp wrote:
    teagar -it's apretty steady gradient all the way up actually. 8 and 9% for the entirety from Ste Marie de Campan. It should favour Bradley, more than on your typical pyreneanclimb.
    No, it's not, the first 4 kms are pretty gentle, at around 4% before it ramps up towards the 8 or 9% sections;

http://www.salite.ch/tourmale1.asp
    Even MORE suited to Wiggo,then?
    It's certainly a far more even gradient,& suited to a tester,than the likes of the Hautacam
    so many cols,so little time!
  • shawman wrote:
    I hope I am wrong but I believe that Wiggins was a one hit wonder.
    I see no reason for it to be a one hit wonder.Wiggo has been on the world stage for a good number of years now.
    True,it's the first year he's focused on the road.
    From his twitter & press comments,he doesn't ignore the financial implications of being a TDF contendor,rather than an Olympic track gold medalist,& If anything he'll be even better prepared,scouting the key stages etc.
    It's probably that you are not used to seeing brits do well & don't think it was more than a fluke.
    Bobby Julick's podium position was mainly due to a lot of the key players dropping out/getting thrown out (it was 98 & all that)
    Had wiggo put in this performance LAST year,he may well have finished well on the podium (No Contador or Armstrong,for a start.
    so many cols,so little time!