Anyone around Market Deeping\Bourne\Peterborough area?

Shelduck
Shelduck Posts: 18
edited September 2009 in MTB rides
Looking for riding buddies. I live in Market Deeping, do a few loops of the area, trips over to Bourne Woods and Rutland Water.

For the record I'm early 30's (middle aged!) but really enjoying getting back into my riding. Would be good to go out with others, be good for my motivation :D

Also be good to find some new routes etc

Be good to find other like minded peeps, as my current riding buddy is moving house right now and not around.

Cheers,

Comments

• PaulTh
    PaulTh Posts: 17
    Hi there we live in Holbeach Hurn, near Spalding, and in case you didn't see where I've posted elsewhere we are runnning a charity trailquest from there on Sunday 20th September (raising money for our village hall). This would only be about a 20 minute drive for you, and there is some really good riding out on the sea bank - not technical, just a great place to be.

If you haven't done one before, they can be as hard or as easy you like, but we've always found them a good way to make you get out, and you also meet some like minded people. It attracts a wide age range, but most are at least as middle aged as yourself (many, including oursleves, considerably more so!).

There's full details about the sport and the event here www.midlandtrailquests.co.uk

Unlike other types of event you pick your own route and ride at your own pace, so you can have riders of all abilities competing together without it being obvious you are being lapped - we like that ! But you do get the fun being out with others.
  • big_tex_uk
    big_tex_uk Posts: 183
    HI, i live over Ropsley but ride out at Bourne quite alot and also have some good routes local to me.
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Hi, next time your coming over to Rutland Water, give me a shout as i'm more than happy to ride out with some company and can show you some nice riding alternatives to the cycle track.
  • Shelduck
    Shelduck Posts: 18
    Thanks for the replies guys, PM's on the way..
  • JEB2604
    JEB2604 Posts: 24
    hi,

i'm riding around the p'boro/stamford/bourne region.

mostly cross country, give me a shout.

cheers

James
  • Hi - also from P'boro here and would be interested in occasional XC rides....
  • Pboro based, ride Bourne a lot, also Thetford - always happy to ride with others!
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • yil
    yil Posts: 12
    I live in Boston. Would be happy to try Boune woods, never been there heard its ok. Busy for nxt could of weeks.
    92' Orange Clockwork