Ground Effect from NZ

cash47
cash47 Posts: 5
edited August 2009 in Road buying advice
I am trying to get myself ready for the winter and buy more suitable kit this year without breaking the bank. I have read good reviews of the Ground Effect Baked Alaska and am tempted, but wondered if the Frosty Boy with its windproof arms might be a better bet. I do feel the cold and would rather get it right first time as they come direct from NZ.

Anyone had any experience of either jersey?

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    All I have is one of their beanie hats but even this is excellent. I have heard such good reports about GE but never actually ordered anything from them but often tempted.

They were at the London Cycle show last year, hence the beanie hat, maybe you could wait until October and see them at the Show then you could try on and get first hand advice. Just a thought.
  • I've got both of them and they're excellent. I really feel the cold and in the depths of last winter I wore a frosty boy with a merino base-layer and I was fine even on the coldest days, once it warmed up a bit (>6 centigrade) I switched to the baked alaska, which was perfect until late spring.

I would definitely recommend either.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I ordered the Merino Berglar top from them - for spring/autumn riding - its a great top and delivery was very quick. I'd be tempted by a winter top from them - they do get great reviews.