Bib Leggings advice

benneally
benneally Posts: 973
edited August 2009 in MTB general
Hi guys, just wondering on some advice for some leggings for winter training. Apparently they are vital as to not damage your knees.

Just wondering if I should get ones with wind proofing on the front of the legs? I usually ride in shorts all year round and im worried that my legs will get to hot and uncomfortable. Or will very light fleeced material inside be warm enough to cope with wet winter weather?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Thes things (linky) are the absolute kippers' tits.

Bought mine last autumn, they're warm as you like without being uncomfortably so and the teflon treatment helps to keep water out (they aren't completely[waterproof, but what clothing is?).

The only gripe is that they come up a bit on the small size - I got a large and I wished I'd got an extra-large. That said they'll probably be hanging off me this year, I've lost a stone since last October!!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • benneally
    benneally Posts: 973
    I think they may be a little to warm for my liking, but thanks for the link
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I think you would be surprised. If you still aren't convinced, the Stealth version may be more what you're looking for although they are mega bucks.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    For general winter riding where it isn't that cold i use these, the will come up a bit smaller i can get away with a medium size wise.

Very comfortable, i have assos f1 mille and these imo are better though there is a two year age gap between them but it shows how far endura have come along, the gel pad is great, it's like sitting on a sofa at times. :D

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38661

Though a friend has these shorts and they looked very nice, im tempted to get a pair as they're cut closer than my humvees and are elasticated on the sides so they will give.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=37367

If you need longer than you should be looking at the endura wintex as posted above or dhb merstons on wiggle which come up cheap around £35 for a fleece lined pair.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    I pick and mix depending how cold it is.
    Last year I had bib shorts with Lusso Max repel bibs which were great (in the rain as well) from about 10 deg and below but when it got minus my knees were feeling it so I have bought some 3/4 bib shorts from DHB Wiggle and they feel good now in the cool mornings so should be a bit warmer in the cold mornings with the bib tights.
    Also don't forget you can add knee or leg warmers to bib shorts.